Great deal on an Acer Chromebook - $119

After reading the thread on Windows 10, I thought some of our members might be interested in this Groupon deal.  It's an Acer 15.6" Chromebook for $119. 

While the Chromebook has limitations, you can easily set it up to dual boot into Linux Ubuntu or a few other flavors of Linux by using a program called Crouton.  See here for installation instructions

I have Crouton on my ASUS 13.3" Chromebook. It works great. This Chromebook is limited in that it has only 2GB of RAM and a 16GB SSD drive.  I'm guessing that a RAM upgrade would be about $40 and if you use the cloud for storage, you can work around the 16GB limitation. If your laptop ever gets stolen, thieves wouldn't even know it had a 2nd OS. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an older ASUS Netbook that I have set up to dual boot Win 7 and Bodhi. It is a pretty solid fall back even for a weaker computer. If it weren't for being an absurd investment, I would get a SSD drive for it to see how quick I can make it. As it is though, the tablets in my family get more use than the computers. Tablets are the future IMO.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.