Can anyone recommend a contractor or landscaper that isn't afraid to work?

No one wants to work any more. Got cash in hand and have contacted at least 15 companies to do various jobs around my house and I have had two show up. One was great the other was nothing more than a con man that decided to do 1/2 the job then change prices on me. When I refused to pay the upcharge he left the work he was supposed to do undone.

So if anyone can recommend someone to grade about 12" off of a 30'x30' area I would appreciate it.

I also need someone to build a 16x16 garage.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

Not sure about the landscaping part, but I would hit up the Amish community for the garage.  They'll have that thing built before you could empty a magazine from your draco.

I asked them for a quote on a deck, a few months ago...still waiting.

The sad reality is when good contractors get work they get overwhelmed, when it slow they are quick.

I don't accept that because your reputation directly reflects your timeliness and professionalism.

Trades are a dieing field. Good luck finding a crew of Americans too!

I wish the foreigners were laying down cobblestone roads at least! That'd be sweet!

Please tell me times haven't got so bad that Amish have hopped on the dole and they don't even want to work any more...

I doubt it, but my project probably isn't as financially attractive as bigger ones.

since age has begun to limit what i can do i have found that everyone wants a job but aint anyone out there that wants to work. 40-50 bucks an hr. seems to be what they want for manual labor. oh and me furnish tools and beer.