Her Dads Response........Joke, Maybe

Maybe it's because I have boys, but I just don't get all the teenage daughter shaming and intimidation stuff.

I had 2 daughters and I can tell you, it can get ugly. They are grown and on their own now, but those teen years will make you old before your time.

• Like 4

I have a sister so I have some idea, but it's been a while since we were teenagers. It's mostly the intimidation thing I don't get. Why not be silly or ridiculous instead of angry and threatening?

Because he was able to manage both at the same time?

• Like 2

I thank God that I had sons. If I had had a daughter, I'm sure that by the time she turned 18 I'd either be in jail or dead.  :eek:

True story: A co-worker of mine had a rather attractive daughter. When she was around 16-17 her date showed up to take her out. Dad insisted on meeting him. Turns out that this guy was 22. Skeptical, but not wanting to disappoint his girl, Dad started laying down the rules including what time to be home. This guy's response was "I'm a grown man. I do what I want!" Dad's response was to shove a 9mm in this jerks mouth and back him out the door! The girl never heard from him again.  :biglol:

• Like 1

Because he was able to manage both at the same time?

To me, the presence of the gun and particularly his finger on the trigger removes all silliness and makes it pure intimidation.

I thank God that I had sons. If I had had a daughter, I'm sure that by the time she turned 18 I'd either be in jail or dead.  :eek:

True story: A co-worker of mine had a rather attractive daughter. When she was around 16-17 her date showed up to take her out. Dad insisted on meeting him. Turns out that this guy was 22. Skeptical, but not wanting to disappoint his girl, Dad started laying down the rules including what time to be home. This guy's response was "I'm a grown man. I do what I want!" Dad's response was to shove a 9mm in this jerks mouth and back him out the door! The girl never heard from him again.  :biglol:

Your co-worker is lucky that 22 yr old doesn't understand the concept of assault, though its clear he doesn't understand the concept of statutory rape either.

• Like 1
When I was a teenager I always found the intimidation tactics somewhat funny and mostly annoying. I wasn't scared, mainly because I was cocky. I was fairly confident I could stomp most of the girls Dad's who I meet in a fight. Of course I was also raised by a dad who I was afraid of and who I knew not only could I not handle in a fight of any kind, but he would have taken a club to me if he found out I was being a disrespectful little #### about someone's daughter so it wasn't a real concern anyway. And I was raised to be a respectful man, and never had a run in with any girls parents. I followed their rules, respected their daughter, them and my parents and I never had an issue. I will say the guy in the picture looks like a little rooster. I probably wouldn't be afraid of that, gun or no gun.

Sent from behind the anvil Edited by Spots
  • Like 1

Because intimidation is more effective! My two daughters are just a few years from being teens and you can bet I'm going to be the dad every boy fears.

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

Good luck.  I'm watching the results of a very controlling father who's daughters have gone off to college unfold right now.  It's been entertaining from the cheap seats.  Isn't there a song about holding on too tight and watching it slip through your fingers?

When I was a teenager I always found the intimidation tactics somewhat funny and mostly annoying. I wasn't scared, mainly because I was cocky. I was fairly confident I could stomp most of the girls Dad's who I meet in a fight. Of course I was also raised by a dad who I was afraid of and who I knew not only could I not handle in a fight of any kind, but he would have taken a club to me if he found out I was being a disrespectful little #### about someone's daughter so it wasn't a real concern anyway. And I was raised to be a respectful man, and never had a run in with any girls parents. I followed their rules, respected their daughter, them and my parents and I never had an issue. I will say the guy in the picture looks like a little rooster. I probably wouldn't be afraid of that, gun or no gun.

Sent from behind the anvil

Indeed. 

Seems to me that the type of guy/kid who would date a girl with a dad like that, probably isn't really the type of guy/kid you'd really like dating your daughter. 

Controlling and over protective are two different things.

I'll also say this... Unless you have kids you can't understand any of this.

Your entire mindset changes once you have children.

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude. Edited by Monkeybat
  • Like 2

Ain't ever worth posting anything like this on the internet.  it will live forever.  good way to get yourself in some kind of trouble later on down the road. 

oh, and by the way, I have two teenage boys right now.  And believe me, I am raising them right.