Have they quit making .22WMR? UPDATE: NOW IN THE WILD

That warehouse is called the internet. Just go to Gun Broker and do a search on .22 ammo. Seven pages of ads and that's just one site. Price scalping is still alive and well on .22's. :2cents:

The American Dream eh.

There are quite a few people who make certain to purchase the entire shipments of .22 LR/.22 WRM whenever they find out a store got a new shipment in. Then they turn around and post it for sale online and price gouge the hell out of it. Inventory would probably be a little better if the panic buying and price gouging crap weren't so bad.

That warehouse is called the internet. Just go to Gun Broker and do a search on .22 ammo. Seven pages of ads and that's just one site. Price scalping is still alive and well on .22's. :2cents:

Any product you can buy at retail pricing and legally resell for a significant profit will remain in short supply at those retail outlets.  Can you think of anything else that fits that scenario right now? I can't.

- OS

Walmart has it from time to time. If you don't make it there before they sell out just check the local Armslist listings. The "capitalists" are there to help make sure you get what you need. Edited by Garufa

Any product you can buy at retail pricing and legally resell for a significant profit will remain in short supply at those retail outlets. Can you think of anything else that fits that scenario right now? I can't.

- OS

Happens every years at Christmas. Toys, last year it was Yeti cups.
  • Like 1

Happens every years at Christmas. Toys, last year it was Yeti cups.

Good example, hadn't thought of that. But at least the craze doesn't outlast the shortage very long, unlike .22, going on 3.5 years now.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Just as an FYI, I made it to the Nashville Bill Goodman show today.  There was plenty of both .22lr and .22WMR on the tables.  Prices were still pretty high.  The best deals were Federal .22LR Automatch 325rds for $17.99 ( $.055/rd) and CCI .22WMR 30gr 50rds for $17.99 ($.36/rd).  So, it's beginning to become more available.

• Like 1
My LGS has some WMR in ziploc bags on the counter. Geez! I looked at him like he was Bigfoot, didn't even ask price.

I just aquired a Marlin model 57m too. Gonna be my new varmint getter, as long as I can get some ammo.

Just as an FYI, I made it to the Nashville Bill Goodman show today.  There was plenty of both .22lr and .22WMR on the tables.  Prices were still pretty high.  The best deals were Federal .22LR Automatch 325rds for $17.99 ( $.055/rd) and CCI .22WMR 30gr 50rds for $17.99 ($.36/rd).  So, it's beginning to become more available.

That's not bad on the 22 and a mediocre to fair price on the WMR.  5-6 cents a round is pretty good on the Federal these days. That's about as good as I've gotten online recently. 

My LGS got in 4 boxes of CCI maxi max. 400 rounds for $80.

I miss the old days!

So do I, my friend. I recently got a price on a 5000 round case that was really good I thought. So I got a friend and we split it. With shipping included, it was just under 7 cents a round. Not great, but for subsonic, CCI, we went for it. So we at least have enough for a few range sessions without worry.

I had a buddy give me some old T-22, it wouldn't cycle his high point anymore but still shoots nicely out of my Henry, actually groups well.

I'd love to have a PMR 30 but I couldn't afford to shoot it. The WMR is hard hitting stuff!

Just as an FYI, I made it to the Nashville Bill Goodman show today. There was plenty of both .22lr and .22WMR on the tables. Prices were still pretty high. The best deals were Federal .22LR Automatch 325rds for $17.99 ( $.055/rd) and CCI .22WMR 30gr 50rds for $17.99 ($.36/rd). So, it's beginning to become more available.

I went there as well and didn't see this. Where was the person selling the Automatch?

I'd love to have a PMR 30 but I couldn't afford to shoot it. The WMR is hard hitting stuff!

I literally picked one up on Thursday, Orr what I consider a good price, and had no idea there was a shortage of 22mag at the time. I figure it may be hard to find just like 22lr. I have a couple hundred rounds, but that is it. I am pissed, but it is what it is. Happy with the gun, but after one range session I can't feed it any more.
[quote name="I am Groot!" post="1369896" timestamp="1458999054"]

I literally picked one up on Thursday, Orr what I consider a good price, and had no idea there was a shortage of 22mag at the time. I figure it may be hard to find just like 22lr. I have a couple hundred rounds, but that is it. I am pissed, but it is what it is. Happy with the gun, but after one range session I can't feed it any more.[/quote

Congrats! While it might not be an everyday plinker because of the ammo, I would seriously consider it as a carry weapon. 22mag is some hard hitting stuff and to have 30 rounds of it with a spare mag to make 60 in a small package is just ridiculous!

My LGS still has some but at a premium price. If you want his info let me know. Again, congrats on the purchase!