"Survival" Camping

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900
I went camping a few weeks ago at Camp Macmorris in Camden, it was very cold, upper 20's. Old Charter was my survival gear!

oooo! I like the 12 yr old OC!

"survival" camping.

With beer.

My kind of roughing it, for sure.

- OS

Yup warm Beer is rough BUT it's better than no Beer!!!!! i've drank a lot of warm Beer!:D:D:D
oooo! I like the 12 yr old OC!

This was 8yr old but it was very good....hey I was rough'n it!

Wow, we got some commodians. :D

Actually, I was out camping in the woods with a 7 year old, my son and, and my 9yr old daughter was across the camp at a different campsite with her girl scout troop. :D

Guest bkelm18

I love "Survivorman" and used to like Bear's show but stopped watching it when I found it the whole show is pretty much fake. Plus I kinda got tired of watching him try to eat/drink the most disgusting stuff possible on every show. Its like he was trying to outdo himself every time.

so are you guys planning a trip?

I would love to go.

Think there will be room for the motor home if so I'll keep the beer cold.

You know that sounds like a hell of a better idea!

Pursuant to my earlier posts in this thread, that's my idea of survival camping! - OS

I have drop hunted in a tent for 21 days in Alaska.

7 day hunt in a tent many times in Colorado and New Mexico hunting elk

7 day tent mule buck hunting

and now my 13 year old wants to start hiking and tent camping.

A Dads gotta do what a Dads gotta do but,Im going to push the 5 to 7 mile loops and end up at the motor home.

Really,I would enjoy getting back to the basics.I just have to get outfitted for it again.

Just a thought I had, but it seems we all like to prepare and there are some good collective brains on here. How many of you have ever done any type of survival camping?

My thoughts are 3-5 days in a wilderness area with only small amounts of water and food and only a handful of items with you. Obviously you would have safety measures in place, but still get a taste for making the best out of a situation.

Anybody done this, thought of doing this?

Yeah, I call it backpacking. :lol: Here's a site that I found through a youtube video. I just started reading through it. I like their motto: "because knowledge weighs nothing."

http://www.bushcraftnorthwest.com/

• 3 months later...
Guest pontiac_fiero_g

bear-grylls-1.jpg

"look how much bigger this is than my brain"

i hate that he tries to make it look its ok to go into a water filled cave to possible avoid walking around a mountain or climb down a sheer cliff with out any equiptment.

Guest 70below

My minor in college was "Arctic Survival".......camping at -34 with 30mph winds on a dome in a snow shelter will leave you feeling pretty comfy on most any other camping trip.