New For 2016: Brownells’ Own AR-15/M16A1 Receivers

http://www.tactical-life.com/gear/2016-brownells-ar-15m16a1-receivers/

looks like brownells is going to make their own retro style ar upper and lowers in conjunction with nodakspud, but that makes me wonder, are they getting them directly from nodak or are they hiring a third party to make it? and if it is someone other than nodak will this be higher or slightly lower in price than nodak? so many questions, only time will tell.

edit looks like i just answered my own question atleast a little bit

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/upper-receivers/ar-15-m16-a1-upper-receiver-prod83620.aspx

Edited by luke9511
They are more than likely sourcing it to cover the retro market. I think most companies would focus on an upper to add more crap to to entice sales of accessories but sticking within the circle of true gun parts it makes sense. Brownells can afford to have someone run hundreds of em even if they'll sit on a shelf. Even if they sold them at cost plus 10% they're still ahead....and as most of us know, if you find a roll pin on the floor, it's time to build another whole rifle..... Edited by Dustbuster
Brownells alluded to help from Nodak Spud with the new retro lower on another forum. Prices about the same as Nodak or McKay, less wait though :).
I plan to do a late 60's build soon. Just wish they'd have gone grey phosphate instead of black on the lowers.
  • Like 1

Yup, NDS is making the Brownells upper and lowers.

I can't figure out why Brownells went with black annodizing and not the excellent Colt XM Gray that Nodak Spud offers!

i don't mind it will go great with the black stock and grips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luke9511, on 13 Mar 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

i don't mind it will go great with the black stock and grips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But not at all retro which I would think is the point of having an A1 upper.