What? Nobody is fired up about turkey season.

I've not seen any turkey posts on here yet. I know its 2  weeks, 6 days, and 17 hours from today but, I'm a little excited. Gonna make some slate calls in a few days. Doing a few things around the house until opener.

Edited by roverboy
  • Like 2
I've had about 16-20 walk through my backyard every day for the last couple weeks two include 3 decent sized Toms. I usually take one per season. I wouldn't call it hunting per say...... When season rolls around I remove a section of screen from the back porch and try to get out there by 0630 on a morning that I'll have time to clean one. I just relax and enjoy my morning coffee until they wonder thru the yard. I've had to start using the crossbow to guarantee I only hit one.....they travel in a pretty dense pack (or flock?)

My first child is coming into the world during the first week in turkey season. You think my wife will understand? Haha

I successfully took my wife to the NWTF on Valentines day. It took years of training, but I pulled it off :rofl: The birth of a first child... I would have been a dead man.

Congrats!!
  • Like 3

Thanks fellas!  I am super excited.  He's going to be a boy!  Hopefully he will be a good hunting buddy down the road.  Time will tell I guess.  

I've told my wife she needs to start walking backwards everywhere to help delay the birth till after turkey season....she wasn't as amused as I was!  LOL 

• Like 3

Thanks fellas!  I am super excited.  He's going to be a boy!  Hopefully he will be a good hunting buddy down the road.  Time will tell I guess.  

I've told my wife she needs to start walking backwards everywhere to help delay the birth till after turkey season....she wasn't as amused as I was!  LOL

:lol: My wife is never as amused as I am, even when I KNOW I'm funny haha

I guess you already have the money set aside for that Sportsman License for lil man huh?
  • Like 2

:lol: My wife is never as amused as I am, even when I KNOW I'm funny haha

I guess you already have the money set aside for that Sportsman License for lil man huh?

Thats as good as done!  Its so much cheaper when they are young than the $1,600 I paid for mine last year!  yikes!  Even if he turns out to hate hunting, at least it would be $200 bucks well spent to help preserve the wildlife and heritage that I so dearly love.  

• Like 1

My first child is coming into the world during the first week in turkey season. You think my wife will understand? Haha

My wife would be upset with me...

"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street."
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I got in a few minutes ago. Heard several this morning but, couldn't get set up right on any. Most were on property I don't have permission to hunt too. I stayed out till a little after 10:00 and couldn't get any to gobble. The wind has got up here, with hard gusts. Has anybody did any good this morning?