Carry gun for motorcycle

alingo2001

Don't know what and how you ride.  I rode very actively for several years.  I carried in a variety of ways.  My favorite was in my full leathers with a Taurus TCP in a left hand paddle holster clipped into the outside of my left hand boot.   I've seen riding buddy carry other effective ways such as Appendix carry in an IWB, and using shoulder holsters.  When I was touring I often kept my gun where I couldn't immediately get to it but it was there if I had to do some walking and I had it for over night stays be it camping or hotels.  Usually on the touring bike it stayed in the right hand glove box while I was moving, right instead of left because I had to have a key to get into the left box. 

It really comes down to personal preference. I own a Ruger LCP and had the trigger pull reduced from about 8-10 lbs. to 5 lbs. The weight is about 14 oz. and the height, length, and width is that of many compact size (not sub-compact) pistols. It's been a good reliable firearm. Personally I would carry something like a Glock 43 or S&W M&P Shield. Both are striker fire, conceal well, and are lightweight. Can't speak to the Bodyguard.

i use a iwb holster and/or a shoulder holster. my pocket gun fits in the back pocket of my leather pants too.

My LCP likes to eject the mag while in my back pocket, even in a pocket holster. So I leave that at home these days.

I always just carry my normal gun, OWB at about 4:00.

I can't get to without unzipping the jacket, but I'm only going to have the jacket zipped (or even on) when actually riding anyway... and trying to shoot while moving on a bike seems like a terrible idea outside of a film set. 

I always just carry my normal gun, OWB at about 4:00.

I can't get to without unzipping the jacket, but I'm only going to have the jacket zipped (or even on) when actually riding anyway... and trying to shoot while moving on a bike seems like a terrible idea outside of a film set. 

Motorcycle gunfighting is only for advanced riders. That's what I like about the minigun approach. If you can see it, it's done been shot.

• Like 1

Be careful about carrying on your person when riding. Guns hurt when you fall on them. I once broke 3 ribs when I fell off my motorcycle with a can of dip in my breast pocket.

Amen to that. I make a point to empty my pockets when I get on the bike. I was screwing around in the yard, fell over, and got a nasty bruise from a tube of Chapstick I forgot was in my pocket.

Be careful about carrying on your person when riding. Guns hurt when you fall on them. I once broke 3 ribs when I fell off my motorcycle with a can of dip in my breast pocket.

That is definitely something to keep in mind. Have a friend who went down on the interstate in a low side slide and got a nasty bruise on his hip from his Glock 19 at 4:00.

Sent from behind the anvil