Biggest piece of crap

Shug

As far as firearms go what is the biggest POS that you've ever bought or traded for?......Mine is a Remington 597 combo {Rifle & scope} I've owned Remington products for at least 45yrs This thing isn't worth crap. I would trust it more as a club than a firearm. I would never trust this thing for a second. Got too much in it to get rid of it. Had it at a Remington gunsmith twice, and finely had to make my own parts to get it to fire more than 5 times in a row. If a person wants a reliable 22 rifle you can't go wrong with the BEST 22 rifle there is, a Ruger 10/22.................What's yours?

Probably a Khan shotgun, over under.  If you took the barrels off you had to slam the ejectors on a table to get them to close so that you could put the barrel back on the receiver.  Kicked like a damn mule too.  Many black shoulders were made by that gun.

My first turd was a 597 as well. I also bought a brand new 870 last year that worked fine but was just poorly finished and sliced my finger open the first time I racked the action. I don't even know how it happened, but it did. That was gone in about 3 weeks.

My other turd was a brand new Taurus PT22 that was given to my wife for Christmas by her mother. Piece of garbage. The trigger engages about 40% of the time. It's absolute garbage. Sure, I could send it off to Taurus... but I kinda like letting the piece of crap rot in a junk drawer... much more satisfying. Edited by musicman
  • Like 2
Ruger model 77 in .243
The old style with the red 'rubber' buttpad. I have never been kicked so hard by a rifle. It was insanely painful to shoot, even compared to the .45-70s & .458
It felt like I was being whacked with the sharp edge of a spatula every trigger pull.

I have a Jennings .22, not a POS per se but it is picky on what it shoots.  Besides that one I can't say I've run into any weapon that I couldn't get to work right.  I do have one that can use a little smith work, a 303 British which needs to have either a rear ramp sight reinstalled (crooked, and elevator missing) or somehow get a scope mounted on it.  It shoots well but it was sporterized by bubba, but it was given to me by my godfather so it stays in my possession and not in a great big hurry to do anything to it.

Ruger model 77 in .243
The old style with the red 'rubber' buttpad. I have never been kicked so hard by a rifle. It was insanely painful to shoot, even compared to the .45-70s & .458
It felt like I was being whacked with the sharp edge of a spatula every trigger pull.

You should come shoot mine in .308! It's loads of fun! /s

Ruger model 77 in .243

I have a Ruger 44 Carbine, the rifle looks just like a Ruger 10/22, that kicks like you would not believe. I let a friend shoot it from the bench who is a real marksman with optic guns. After two rounds he said he couldn't take anymore and handed it back to me. He is a big guy and shoots big game rifles several times a week.

Hmm, mine would have to have been a Henry AR-7.  Wouldn't shoot worth a darn and would try to eject the few shell casings it did fire INTO the chamber instead of out.  But I got it for free so I guess I couldn't complain. 

But then I sent it back to Henry, with a note of what was wrong.  2 weeks later I had a working AR-7, and it worked flawlessly until I sold it.

H&K 4 .380 ACP, it was a first class piece of garbage, even worse then the Sigma I bought and immediatly traded for a G-22 years later. Worst rifle was a Ruger #1 in 45/70, it had the worst wandering zero of any rifle I've ever fired. Worst shotgun was a Mossberg 500, it had all kinds of problems.

Ruger model 77 in .243

I had a buddy that had a 7mm Mag M77 when the composite stocks first came out.  I wasn't sure who got the worst end of the bargain, the shooter or the target.  

• Like 1

Colt Series 80 1911 followed closely by every other 1911 I ever owned.  4 in all.  All garbage.  The Colt would drop the hammer 9 out of ten times when inserting a magazine on a cocked hammer.  There others were just heavy antiquated boat anchors.  The only one that was actually reliable was a Llama.  You couldn't hit a barn with it if you were inside with the door shut.