Cop needs a kick in the Jimmy

Sam1

Normally I side with the cops in most things, rightfully so.  However, this cop needs a kick in the junk.  Pulls a car over, hops out and starts spraying pepper spray towards a bunch of motorcyclists riding by and they weren't doing anything illegal at all.

Without the video if one of them were hit and caused them to wreck, the cop would have said they were acting stupid and got away with this BS.

This is a cop that needs to be in the unemployment line in the morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCe9NJX3SqU

• Moderators
This guys punishment should be to have to drive a motorcycle at high speed on a closed course while someone in front of him in a vehicle sprays pepper spray at him until he wrecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by CZ9MM
He is exactly the kind of person who does NOT need a badge. Thinks his job that gives him a little bit of authority allows him to do whatever he wants.

I support the police, generally, but this guy is just a douchebag with no regard whatsoever for public safety.
  • Like 2

If they would have had the least amount of respect for the officer and gotten over to give the officer room to safely do his job this wouldn't have happened. Not saying that the man isn't a douche or anything but it was avoidable.

They moved over as much as possible, there was a pickup truck and a guard rail on the other side.
  • Like 1

They moved over as much as possible, there was a pickup truck and a guard rail on the other side.

At distance from which you can see blue lights, you have time to adjust your speed up or down enough to get over. If the cop had enough time to see them coming and get out his mace before exiting the car then then the guys on the motorcycles were being a bunch of asshats too. Just my opinion.
  • Like 1

If they would have had the least amount of respect for the officer and gotten over to give the officer room to safely do his job this wouldn't have happened. Not saying that the man isn't a douche or anything but it was avoidable.

Most “move over” laws only require you to move over if you can do so safely. If that’s why he did that; he has big problems. Being fired would be the least of his worries he could be arrested. There is nothing in that video to show why he would have done what he did. I guess we will wait and see what happens.
  • Like 3

Watch the beginning of the video again, there are at least a couple of bikes that came within 3 feet or less from the officers door...

Still not a reason for what he did. I can’t think of any reason for him to do that, that would not include him pulling off that traffic stop and going after them. Be interesting to hear what he has to say; if we ever do.
  • Like 2

Most “move over” laws only require you to move over if you can do so safely. If that’s why he did that; he has big problems. Being fired would be the least of his worries he could be arrested. There is nothing in that video to show why he would have done what he did. I guess we will wait and see what happens.

That's pretty much my take on the matter as well, I suspect that if everything on the video is correct and accurately represented in the correct context without omissions the officers going to have some serious problems.   

Watch the beginning of the video again, there are at least a couple of bikes that came within 3 feet or less from the officers door...

I watched this video yesterday and didn't like it, I still don't like it, I'd be interested in reading what the officer said to justify his actions. I'd be even more interested in reading what the final outcome is on what the agency he represents does to him.

Still not a reason for what he did. I can’t think of any reason for him to do that, that would not include him pulling off that traffic stop and going after them. Be interesting to hear what he has to say; if we ever do.

I completely agree with that, it wasn't a reason for him to do what he did. I'm not defending his actions, I was just saying that it was 100% avoidable. And that the bikers were douches too lol

Edited to correct "douches" apparently autocorrect doesn't like that word. Edited by z0mbies fear me

Odd.  Add this to the list of reasons why I wear a full face helmet.

If the cop didn't feel safe stopping on the side of the interstate, why didn't he direct the truck to proceed to the nearest exit?  The bikes weren't that close nor do they appear to be going particularly fast.

• Like 1

So a couple of bikes get closer than he likes and he decides to pepper spray different people that were riding behind them?

That thought process is to try screwed up. I didn't see anything that would justify the use of force. My understanding is that spray is to be used to assist in getting someone to comply with a lawful order (or words like that). What lawful order? What would he have done if they had crashed?
  • Like 1

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/15/fort-worth-police-investigating-pepper-spray-video/

Cop was wrong, IMHO, no reason for what he did.  Considering how most people react when getting hit with pepper spray this had the possibility of a bad outcome for the bikers.  Also, considering how vehicles create a "wind" that PS could, and probably did, fly back into the cops face, and what about the driver of the truck, but he got some of it as well.

• Like 1
[quote name="peejman" post="1367641" timestamp="1458219911"]Odd.  Add this to the list of reasons why I wear a full face helmet.

Sadly most full face helmets wouldn't prevent you from being effected by the spray, maybe reduce it a but but I still think it would have been difficult to maintain control of a bike in traffic with your eyes closed.

From the autoblog article it sounds like there had been a lot of complaints about this group of bikers.  If that is true them it looks like this officer was just trying to be a dick.  He has been relieved of all patrol duties and is on desk duty while being investigated.

There were multiple complaints called in on this group of bikes.  Apparently, at various times they were driving at speeds far below the limit, holding up traffic, so a group of people standing in the back of a pickup truck at the head of their line could film them.  There were complaints of some members of this group of bikers driving recklessly at excessive speeds and weaving in, out and around traffic, 'popping wheelies' and so on.  At one point, the pickup truck with the folks in the back who were filming the bikers turned crossways in the road and blocked traffic so that this group of bikers could pass and the group could be filmed.  This is a public roadway, not a friggin' movie set or a closed course.  Based on those complaints, the bikers and their associates in the truck were creating hazardous traffic situations as well as being a nuisance.  In fact, it appears that the vehicle the officer had pulled over was that very pickup truck - one of the biker group's 'safety vehicles' - that was blocking traffic to film and so on..  In light of that, I think it is entirely possible that some of the bikers were intentionally 'buzzing' him.  Further, the driver of the truck was charged with driving with no license.  Now, I am not saying that what the cop did is excusable - it is not - but these bikers were no innocent bunch of lambs, either.  In fact, if the complaints called in have any truth to them then their actions sound a lot like that bunch of douche bags that dragged a father out of his SUV and beat him up a few years ago.  Anyone who has ever driven across 'the Tail of the Dragon' knows that - while many folks on two wheels are courteous and safe - some of them act like they own the public roads and that no one else has a right to be on them.  Apparently, many of the motorcyclists in this incident fall into the latter group.  As I said, that does not excuse what the cop did because if he had caused an accident by pepper spraying the bikers then that could have resulted in serious injury to the bikers as well as bystanders.

Honestly, speaking of movie sets, if this incident were to be made into a movie it sounds like a good title would be "Jerk Cop vs. Jerk Bikers: Clash of the Mega-Douches".

Edited by JAB
  • Like 6