Cop needs a kick in the Jimmy

Sam1

I didn't read all of every post so forgive me if I repeat and also if my question is stupid but:  I assume the mace is dept. issue and there is an inventory just like ammunition.  Would he not have to explain where the can was used and why?  Not that with the video being out there it would be any secret that could be covered up.

I didn't read all of every post so forgive me if I repeat and also if my question is stupid but:  I assume the mace is dept. issue and there is an inventory just like ammunition.  Would he not have to explain where the can was used and why?  Not that with the video being out there it would be any secret that could be covered up.

I didn’t have to, if I thought mine was getting low or I had it for a while I would go to the armory and they would take my old one and give me a new one. No explanations needed. If we maced someone we put it in the arrest report.
[quotename="LagerHead" post="1367997" timestamp="1458313328"]You know what? You've convinced me. Some people may have had to move their foot to the left a few inches and apply the brakes and use their steering wheels for its intended purpose rather than as a stand for their newspaper or their bowl of soup. I say we nuke them all from low earth orbit. Hell, this is practically a gang of Hitlers on two wheels.

In fact, #### it. I say we just legalize running these bastards off the road if you so much as have to use your mirror for something other than applying your lipstick.[/quote]

Or maybe we should just let people drive recklessly and figure, "Hey, until they actually kill someone then what the heck?". So drunk you can't see straight? No problem. Go ahead and get behind the wheel. After all, what is a little reckless, hazardous behavior while driving? As long as you make it home without actually killing anybody then no harm, no foul, right? Shouldn't be against the law and the cops - and everyone else - should just mind their own business.

No one is suggesting making it legal to run bikers off the road. I am just saying they have no right to take over the road and drive recklessly. Edited by JAB

I'd also like to add that I find it amusing how you point out that braiding hair and holding up traffic are two different things and then compare reckless driving and pointing a loaded gun with holding up traffic. Mmm hmmm.

[Sigh]. These guys were doing more than just holding up traffic. They were doing more than just driving a little fast. They were driving recklessly which endangers other's lives just like pointing a loaded gun at them - and unlike braiding hair without a license.

If he did then he is an even bigger idiot for risking that kind of cabbage by pulling such a stupid stunt.

That would be a considerable salary. In fact it's more then a lot of police chiefs make in major cities. Now I'd like to know what the officers camera(s) show and what differences there are in the views. I still want to know what's up with the use of the pepper spray.

That would be a considerable salary. In fact it's more then a lot of police chiefs make in major cities. 

My dad is a retired big city police chief. By his account damn near all his officers made more money after OT than he did with the exception of his captains. The above quoted salary sounds plausible IMO this day and age and is less than the ballpark figures he's mentioned for some of his officers. Now, he was tasked with maintaining the safety and public interest in the largest terrorist target on the West coast and maintained a relatively small department (800 officers and staff IIRC) and was known to leave bean counter wishing they hadn't questioned his budget/HR decisions, but even that aside I feel it would be plausible.

• 2 weeks later...
There are a lot of use of force regs. That LEO'S have to comply with. I'm sure there will be some public outcome to this.

None of this was good. Everyone showed poor judgment. I don't ride like that, and think I'd have had the patients to wait a minute for the bikes to pass if I was a LEO.

In the end we still don't know all of the story. Time will tell how this comes out...