0 warning points

• Moderators

I haven't seen you make any warning point worthy posts in a good while. I guess you are mellowing in your old age, or just happier after getting rid of those Walgreen's assholes :)

Oh, I still say some shit now and then. Though I am much much happier since I don't have to deal with those bastards at Walgreens anymore and it probably comes through in the way that I post.

I don't think he was trolling nor purposely inflammatory. Dogs have no souls and cats are the spawn of Satan. I killed 6 fish last night and ate their flesh, He probably feels that same way about dogs and cats as I do fish. I love my animals but don't value them anywhere near as much as a human.

We're all entitled to different opinions. I don't eat seafood and my dogs are my family. I value them more than most humans. They're loyal, protect and don't cause harm.

Welllll.....sorry, but if you belive in what the bible says at all...they do not

Religion and Politics.. Ahhh.. 2 things I don't even discuss with my best of friends! But in my opinion dogs do have souls in my opinion so I guess I'm hell bound!
  • Like 4
I know nobody asked, but if politics and religion were never talked about, we'd still be under British rule. Well, someone else might have taken over but you know what I mean.

By avoiding these topics in society, we have where we are today. Which is not good to say the least.
  • Like 6

I know nobody asked, but if politics and religion were never talked about, we'd still be under British rule. Well, someone else might have taken over but you know what I mean.

By avoiding these topics in society, we have where we are today. Which is not good to say the least.

People avoid these topics because they are too sensitive and get hurt feelings, or they have hurt someones feelings and it came back and bit them somehow.

Agreeing to disagree is uncommon these days. Open political & religious discourse is what this country was founded on. If I say something its up to you to like it or not, You should be able to say that's not for me etc without me getting upset. The problem comes when these conversations go beyond polite discourse and turn very personal. Both sides can do this and sadly do too often.

I know what I believe and I know mostly why I believe it. I will listen to anything others say nicely, and I hope that they will do the same for me. Great progress has been made through this process. Sadly many children never learn this and now spend half their life with hurt feelings. Respect others just as you would want to be respected. We CAN live together peacefully, and learn greatly from each other if we try to.

Rant off... 0 warning points so far...

• Like 5

Rant off... 0 warning points so far...

If that is the best rant you can come up, you will never get any warning points.  

Well said, BTW.  There are several times I wish I had taken a breath before hitting the "Post" button.  

Edited by quietguy
  • Moderators

I don't even think I got to read that post.

I completely missed the final straw that got him banned. Now I wish I knew.

That being said, I have no problem picking up the torch and resuming the slandering of the 40 Short and Weak...

I remember it very, very clearly. This is a link to Mac's post that contains the quotes of his full potato posts.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/index.php?/topic/95339-Big-protest-could-turn-into-riot-in-Chicago%2E-%28Happening-now%2E%29/page__view__findpost__p__1366348

Oh I can rant better than that and my wife can tell you all about it!

However I've learned that how I rant in public has a big impact on my potential for earning points...

I think I had rather receive warning points here than from my wife, just say'n! :bat:

• Like 4

I remember it very, very clearly. This is a link to Mac's post that contains the quotes of his full potato posts.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/index.php?/topic/95339-Big-protest-could-turn-into-riot-in-Chicago%2E-%28Happening-now%2E%29/page__view__findpost__p__1366348

I remember that, Thought it was a bit much. Still miss the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I am on side of don't miss him one bit. He was an arrogant asshat most of the time in my view. To each his own.

Pretty much this. I'm sure he has some redeeming factors, but I sure never saw any here on TGO. I've got no use for a bigot, regardless of how macho and "type A" they are.

I had a sneaking suspicion dude was a monkeydick from the start, watching him try to argue with them backpedal away from TMF kinda sealed the deal so to speak IMO.
  • Like 6
  • Authorized Vendor

I never really cared for the dude.....everything he said seemed arrogant and confrontational but it's just my opinion so who really cares. People have told me my whole life I'm one of those type A personalities and maybe I'm just mellowing in my old age but I see no use in arguing about everything that I don't agree with on a forum. We all have opinions....just like....well you know. Nobody is changing mine and I'm pretty sure I don't have the time, patience or desire to change any opinions of yours. Besides...forums have rules and most people know what they are going in. Common decency seems to be the theme on most of them. 

Carry on...I'll be in the area....no need to salute. ;)

• Like 3

Guess I am on side of don't miss him one bit. He was an arrogant asshat most of the time in my view. To each his own.

He was a bit of that but then again I am kinda the same way. I just dial it back online because I don't argue over the interwebs. I liked him but I get that he's not for everyone. GT, I agree. Obey the rules and you won't get booted. I have had to delete some post that I started to type to keep with my rule of not arguing on the web.

I've spent some time with Comms in person.  My take is that he is very young and hasn't had enough life experience to know that some things are better left unsaid.  The comments that got him banned were dangerous hate speech with an endorsement of murder of ones political opponents and I agree with the ban.  I think they were the words of a kid spouting off at the mouth about something he doesn't really understand.  I don't think those words are how he really feels.

While I agree with the ban, I wish that hadn't been necessary.  I think he is a good person.

There have been several comments about his other comments.  The truth is this.  This forum is full of ego and testosterone.  He isn't a special case there.  

I try to stay away from the political, religious and Muslim posts.  

• Like 5
  • Moderators

I've spent some time with Comms in person. My take is that he is very young and hasn't had enough life experience to know that some things are better left unsaid. The comments that got him banned were dangerous hate speech with an endorsement of murder of ones political opponents and I agree with the ban. I think they were the words of a kid spouting off at the mouth about something he doesn't really understand. I don't think those words are how he really feels.

While I agree with the ban, I wish that hadn't been necessary. I think he is a good person.

I never met the kid and didn't interact with him much here so I speak only from a place of my own life experience. That said, his words speak of a young man at risk and I hope that he has solid folks in his life that can steer him in a better direction. It can be really easy to follow that rabbit hole to a nasty place. I know that I am thankful to those that guided me when I flirted with some similar types of extremist thinking.
  • Like 1

Like Pete, I've met Comms in person...it was actually at an event Pete sponsored for a veterans group.  While he was always quite identifiable as to the right in his politics and adamant about it, he wasn't over that line where disagreeing because disagreeable.  In person he was nothing like he came across online, which isn't uncommon.  Somewhere, he went past the "reasonable" line, and it culminated in this with MacGyver bringing out the ban hammer for the good of the site.  Just a reminder that the TGO Code of Conduct applies to us all.

If you recall, he was getting ready to leave the Army, ETS, not retiring. That's a time which can be full of stress and anxiety as you get closer to the day when a paycheck won't be coming in unless you have follow on employment lined up.  Doubly so for him since he has a family to care for.  So, maybe that led to his venting or letting lose on here.  Who knows.  Still, I wish him and his family the best going forward.

Onto other topics...Zero warning posts for me, but I apparently only have a one star rating as I see it from my user profile.  Guess I'm not a cool kid. :biglol:

• Like 2

While he was always quite identifiable as to the right in his politics and adamant about it, he wasn't over that line where disagreeing because disagreeable.  

Imagine that on a gun forum. I was pretty far left at one time, until I found out that EVERYBODY that is out to repeal the second amendment is a lefty. I hope Obama gets an incurable case of Cuban scabies. If only he had some nuts they could chew on. :)

• Like 1
One star more than me, but then I'm new around here.

I never met the man and had very limited interaction with him on TGO. I hope he takes the ban as a life lesson and moves on in a positive way in life. I can say that as a younger man more than once I needed to be reminded about what good behavior was. It seems to have worked out for me in the long run and I'm glad I learned those lessons.

May I always have 0 warning points.

Imagine that on a gun forum. I was pretty far left at one time, until I found out that EVERYBODY that is out to repeal the second amendment is a lefty. I hope Obama gets an incurable case of Cuban scabies. If only he had some nuts they could chew on. :)

Whoa Whoa Whoa, warning points man! You can't talk about our dear leader like that. BHO will personally ban you, he has that power!

• Like 1