Man blows off leg shooting Tannerite rifle targets

Pete123

It's called 22 sensitive, and a 22 will make it go boom.

Ah, yes looked it up.  Another manufacturer, not the company Tannerite.  It is said that mixture is even more unstable and can cause fires, I guess they had to make it so, so a .22 could set it off.

Why shouldn't they?  I'd hazard a guess that at least 90 percent of auto accidents are caused by acts of negligence and they cover those.  I'd have to check again but I don't think any of my many insurance policies have a stupidity clause.  

Accidental means unintentional; not non-negligent.

Many life insurance policies won't cover you for accidents during certain events like sky diving, mountain climbing, scuba diving, motorsport racing, etc. I just wondered if other insurances wouldn't pay out for similar activities.

Many life insurance policies won't cover you for accidents during certain events like sky diving, mountain climbing, scuba diving, motorsport racing, etc. I just wondered if other insurances wouldn't pay out for similar activities.

Those are specific exclusions, yes. They have to be spelled out from the beginning. I just doubt any insurance company would have the forethought to include a "Being stupid with Tannerite and a lawnmower" exclusion. :)

• Like 1

If I was a betting man I'd bet this guy will be telling folks that he lost his leg in the war; not from being stupid with Tannerite. :)

He might, but in truth he'll get more free beer and street cred telling everyone he was practicing making IED's for when the balloon goes up. Heck, he'd get even more attention just telling the truth and letting everyone be all shocked and horrified before the started laughing. Regardless, he'll do just fine minus that missing appendage...but I bet he never try's to blow up any more riding lawn mowers...