TGO Meet n' Greet at Everything Weapons -- Saturday, April 2nd, 2016

• Administrator

Saturday, April 2, 2016

8:00AM (1 Hour Early Open) - 10:00AM

Everything Weapons
7061 Moores Lane, Suite B
Brentwood TN 37027

David Cooper and the gang at Everything Weapons will be hosting a TGO Meet n' Greet at their retail store on Moores Lane in Brentwood Tennessee the morning of Saturday, April 2, 2016.  David and his crew will be opening the store 1-hour early for TGO members to come in, socialize, have coffee and donuts, and have a private showing of the various firearms and gear on hand at EW.  David also tells me they will be running some special deals for TGO members that morning too!

Come on out and meet some of your fellow TGO'ers!

If you can attend, please say so in this thread so that we can get a rough head-count for adequate coffee and donuts.  :D

Comms Junior. Mr. thinks before he speaks. No matter the opinions, all members should have nothing but respect for Sponsors since they help keep the site going. Any issues he has with a store should be discussed with the manager or owner so they can address the issues.

My thinking as well. But wondered why he felt that way.

• Administrator

Unless the Vendor is irrefutably guilty of unethical or illegal business practices and that information has been shared with the TGO Staff first and we believe that there is legitimate cause for concern to protect the members at large, I honestly don't want to hear a bunch of complaints about the Vendor no matter who they are.

If you're in business, you are going to piss off someone or hurt someone's feelings sooner or later.  You might not get to a customer in your store fast enough to suit them.  You might not provide the sort of discount or price that suits them.  You might not provide the sort of "customer service experience" that suits them.  They might just not like the way you look, smell, talk, or dress.  Someone, somewhere, is going to get a stick up their butt about you and then use the Internet to malign you because they think that they have a right to do it.

If a consumer has an individual beef with a Vendor, they should take it up with that Vendor in person.  If they don't have to guts to do that, then I don't want them using TGO as their emotional dumping ground.

Just my thoughts on that matter.

• Like 13

If he shouldn't voice his opinion because it's regarding a TGO vendor, we may never know.

Ones personal issue shouldn't be aired publicly if they haven't even addressed it with the owner or management. When I have an issue with a business I do just that. Hi, here's where you failed and here's why we aren't doing business. I do not slam someone on the internet just because I feel like it. Review with constructive feedback are one thing, a wreck less statement like what was said is uncalled for and flat out irresponsible. Especially when it's a paying vendor that supports this forum. COC and simple manners should be applied here.
  • Like 2

Well, I'm out.  But the whole don't talk about sponsors thing concerns me a bit. First let me state that I have no issues, as of yet, with any sponsor, so not directed at any of them.

I understand not trashing them for some perceived slight or an issue not addressed by management first, but even sponsors should be able to be reviewed IMO.  Just because they buy advertising space should not afford them protection from someone posting their experience with them if negative.  This is the second time I've seen posters get trashed for simply posting their opinion, and not too bad a comment if you ask me.  

• Like 1

This is the second time I've seen posters get trashed for simply posting their opinion, and not too bad a comment if you ask me.

Personally I think it is. He said I can't believe the guy is still in business. You guys have fun though. That's a direct slam. I would say that, if I was angry and bitter about something. And even then only to the owner/manager.

It's not about protecting them because they pay to advertise. It's about conducting yourself in an appropriate manner. To just pop off something like that is something a 16 year old or Yelp user would do. Personally, since he didn't even go into details about anything like someone who previously said some stuff about a different shop it is especially juvenile. But that's merely my opinion.

Personally I think it is. He said I can't believe the guy is still in business. You guys have fun though. That's a direct slam. I would say that, if I was angry and bitter about something. And even then only to the owner/manager.

It's not about protecting them because they pay to advertise. It's about conducting yourself in an appropriate manner. To just pop off something like that is something a 16 year old or Yelp user would do. Personally, since he didn't even go into details about anything like someone who previously said some stuff about a different shop it is especially juvenile. But that's merely my opinion.

I respectfully disagree, I have seen people post worse about many a business, especially the ones that post "no guns", and a few theaters etc.  And while this particular thread may of been a bad place to make that comment, it should not of been attacked like that.

• Like 1