new EDC G19 MOS

martinjd

So I have just completed my new EDC. It is a Glock 19 MOS that replaced my G19 G4. I added the Trijicon RM07 6.5 MOA RMR  along with the recommended kit, AC32064 RMR Mounting Kit, a SureFire XC1, and a set of Dawson Precision iron sights for backup. I went with the Trijicon over the Burris that I have on my 41 because the Trijicon can be left on at medium brightness for up to 4 years and it was much easier to find sights to work with the Trijicon than the Burris which sets a little taller. I am amazed at how much better I am able to shoot with a red dot on a pistol. As I get older it is harder to focus on the front and rear sites and the target.

GlockRight.jpg

GlockLeft.jpg

GlockFront.jpg

GlockRMR1.jpg

The only thing I couldn't find was a holster and most companies are not making one at this time that will accommodate the SureFire XC1. I ordered one from Dara Holsters but they are 8 weeks out.

This next paragraph may sound like an advertisement but it isn't and I get nothing but the satisfaction of recommending quality work out of the deal.  I needed some kind of holster now, while waiting on the Dara to come in, so I did a lot of searching and found out about Bruce here in Middle Tennessee. Bruce is a Firearms Instructor, Gunsmith, and has been making quality kydex holsters for the last 4 years. The holster you see in the images below was made by Bruce for my gun. I am not sure what his normal turn around time is but he had mine made in about a day and the quality and fit are fantastic. I am in no way affliated with Bruce but you can reach him at roninsar@gmail.com if you are interested in a custom holster from a local source. Be sure to put kydex holster in the subject line. Pictures below.

Holster1.jpg

HolsterBack.jpg

GlockHolsterFront.jpg

GlockHolsterBack.jpg

Edited by martinjd
  • Like 9

I like the setup as well. Very nice!

As I continually age...shame ain't it? LOL...I'll probably seriously consider this concept carry package.

I was, and to some degree still am, concerned about the ruggedness and durability of miniaturized red dots...but by all accounts the current RMR's are holding up quite well.

I definitely like the Surefire light you've chosen.

Very nice holster as well. Looks like good work.

Have you had the opportunity to run the run much yet?

I like the setup as well. Very nice!

As I continually age...shame ain't it? LOL...I'll probably seriously consider this concept carry package.

I was, and to some degree still am, concerned about the ruggedness and durability of miniaturized red dots...but by all accounts the current RMR's are holding up quite well.

I definitely like the Surefire light you've chosen.

Very nice holster as well. Looks like good work.

Have you had the opportunity to run the run much yet?

I have put a few hundred rounds through it and it is holding zero so far; at least as far as I can tell. I did use loctite on the rmr to base screws. I know the military use a lot of Trijicon and if it takes the abuse they put it through I feel pretty confident. A high priority for me were the backup iron sights.

• Like 1

I have put a few hundred rounds through it and it is holding zero so far; at least as far as I can tell. I did use loctite on the rmr to base screws. I know the military use a lot of Trijicon and if it takes the abuse they put it through I feel pretty confident. A high priority for me were the backup iron sights.

I agree with your reasoning most definitely.

I would think the RMR would be most useful at distance, and use of the traditional sights pretty easy, and intuitive, for close range. Just thoughts as I have minimal experience with this setup...so far anyway.

I just read this linked article (credit to pistol-forum & Chuck Haggard) last evening.

Of course I would need to win the lottery first...but I like the concept.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/the-guns-network/the-roland-special-glock-19/

If you haven't already read it, there is a free copy of Suarez's Using Red Dot Pistols available as a PDF over at warriortalk. 

You've got a good looking gun and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm not a fan of the MOS because it's just 1 more layer of something to break over getting a slide milled.

I'm fat so I can get away with a G34 EDC  :devil:

DSC003651024x768.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

LOL

I wish I hadn't seen it myself!

I guess I need to buy a lottery ticket...it could happen!? :drool:

I don't usually go for the gussied up types(does that make me sound old? lol), but that is a fantastic pistol. If even half as good as it looks on video...well you get the idea.

But way out of my price range. Heck I'm still wondering if I could stomach the cost of a Wilson.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...