Belt Suggestions for IWB

• 2 months later...

I have two nylon 5.11 style and I don't care for how long the tail is and how it secures with velcro.  Just purchased a real nice leather belt on 

Amazon for $54.  Black or Brown.  Very good fit and finish and it looks nice like a dress belt.  Check it out. 

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Stitched-Heavy-Leather-Brown/dp/B01B9QF5IA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I'm with Glenn.  Not much love for Bullhide belts so far, but I'll buy no other.  I have a Galco "gun belt" that resides in a top dresser drawer.  I'm on my 2nd Bullhide belt in 5 years.....and only because I've been successful in dropping a bunch of weight since Nov.  My 2nd purchase was just as they released a "gun belt" with a steel insert throughout the holster area.....typical right hand 3-5 o'clock.  It is quite stiff, but I think my next will be the standard.....worked great and wasn't nearly as difficult to holster around belt loops.

I really really liked my first Bullhide.

1.5", double stitched, roller buckle.

One note....I like, but some may not, the non-dress belt - it is very thick!  I would estimate a measurable 3/8"!  I really like the thickness, but some c and j clips may be tight.  I typically wear an OWB Garret Silent Thunder STX 2.0 (1911) or an IWB Galco King Tuk (XD .45) with no issues.

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2016 at 7:25 AM, jbrownch said:

Ares Gear

Either the Ranger or Aegis will be perfect. I have the Aegis and love it. Might be the last belt I ever buy ever.

https://www.aresgear.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for Ares Gear. I've had one of their Aegis belts for over a year now, and love it.

I've had my Ranger belt for 5-6 years still going strong. I wear it 6-7 times a week. Was thinking of getting another because its boringly reliable. 

12 hours ago, MuscleHead said:

SOE EDC Cobra belt.....best belts i have ever owned. Threw all my other belts away ......seriously.

Hand made right here in Camden,TN

Muscle makes a great point... These guys (...and gals...) are great fabricators of all manner of nylon gear... They are my favorites... I've got one of their belts i like a lot (...plus lots of other stuff like tote bags, tool bags...etc... etc...)... More than that; they are entertaining as a bunch can get... Profane, monstrous, and over the top... Nothin not ta like about these folks... I like 'em... I do lots of business with them... And finally; as Muscle said, they are brother (...and sister...) Tennesseans...

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 3

If you aren't married to leather, IMHO you can't beat Wilderness.  Tough as nails, infinitely adjustable, just stiff enough to anchor the gun without being uncomfortable.  And a big honkin' steel buckle you could cave a skull in with if you can't carry the gun.  It's the most dangerous thing I've found that I can get on a commercial flight with.   :devil:

• Like 1

The TrakLine gun belts from Kore are awesome. http://www.koreessentials.com/gun-belts/. The Yankee Marshal recommended them, so I tried them and have not been disappointed. The TrakLine system is better than a belt with holes and you can buy one buckle and two different color belts at the same time. They aren't cheap, but in my opinion they are worth the money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk