Would you sell older primers?

I'm on the fence about selling 9,000 Wolf small pistol primers... I stepped out of shooting around 5 years ago and just got back into it... and even though they were kept indoors, my primers aren't perfectly reliable like they previously were. In a USPSA match this weekend I had six primers out of 400 rounds go click instead of bang. For match ammo, that's unacceptable. (I know they weren't high primers as I check them all and bump any round that went through my 650 without a below-flush primer a second time.)

I actually just lucked into Federals (someone had some!!!) at a damn good price, so I'm set for what to use from now on.

However, while those Wolf primers won't suffice for match or defensive ammo, I'm potentially comfortable seeing if one of my local shooting friends is comfortable buying them for plinking ammo - maybe $20 per thousand or so - enough of a discount to make buying them worth it.

What are your thoughts? Would you sell them or trash them?

Assuming, like myself, you really don't make casual range trips and need a bang 100% of the time. Edited by MemphisMechanic
I don't really shoot practice except for local matches to stay tuned up for major ones...

And even in a casual Tuesday night league it's no fun having to rack rounds out of the gun. If I was a casual Plummer it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Here's the video from this weekend's USPSA match - managed a 1st place in Production Division even with more than a few rounds going CLICK!
https://youtu.be/-AUHvJJNW2s

What are your thoughts? Would you sell them or trash them?

Assuming, like myself, you really don't make casual range trips and need a bang 100% of the time.

I see no problem selling them as long as you make it clear what you are selling.

Thanks

Robert

I'm slightly curious why these primers aren't as reliable any more. Everything I've ever read on primers and powder stored for decades is that they were still as reliable as they began many years before.

if the primers are "bad" that probably means they were stored improperly or were bad from day 1 at the factory.   I have shot thousands of primers from my dad's stockpile and can't recall a single one being bad, those were easily 50 years old.    There are only 3 real options ... they were made wrong, they were stored wrong, or the gun isn't hitting them hard enough.  

Regardless,  I see nothing wrong with selling them locally.  I think shipping them is going to incur a hazmat aggravation (?).     Just explain what you know as best you can and reflect it in the price.  I would buy them if they were a good bargain ... because my gut feeling is that unless you KNOW they were stored in a damp place or dropped in the swimming pool or something else the issue is most likely just not hitting it hard enough. 

A couple of years ago I picked up some discounted CCI primers from the 1970's and they all went bang so I would buy/load/shoo them without hesitation.  As others have said, as long as you tell the buyer what they're buying, no problem.

In the last month I've come across a Winchester Small Pistol primer that would not go bang in a Glock 17, 19, 34, or a Berettal 92fs. I had a Remington 7 1/2 bench rest primer that would not go bang In a Kinber .223, m700, or a Colt AR15.

I can't help but wonder if these are quality control issues related to running high volumes catching up with demand.