Gun shop owner refuses to sell gun to eligible customer

DaveTN

I have zero problem with a store owner refusing to sell to someone as long as they have not gotten any assistance from the government. If they have then they should but if they have not they should be able to refuse.

Every store owner has gotten assistance form the government; the safety of doing business in the Untied States and use of the roads that move their products and/or allow their customers to get from their homes to their doors. 

If that is the case then I believe EVERY business owner should be able to refuse ANYONE for ANY reason, including color of skin, religion, disability or any other reason. Heck they don't even need to give a reason. There is nothing free market about our system any more because our government picks the winners so those in government can get richer. It has nothing to do with what is best for the country and everything to do with how rich those that represent us can get before leaving office. We live under a ruling class now and we are about to see how bad it really can be for us in about a year.

We applauded the gun shop that refused to do business with Muslims and we should applaud every business that is able to make that choice.

Every store owner has gotten assistance form the government; the safety of doing business in the Untied States and use of the roads that move their products and/or allow their customers to get from their homes to their doors. 

maybe I misread but we pay taxes for that.  The .gov is not giving any of it.  It is not exactly a handout.

• Like 2

maybe I misread but we pay taxes for that.  The .gov is not giving any of it.  It is not exactly a handout.

Exactly this! Assistance is something beyond what we pay taxes for! Assistance should be limited not expected. I expect the roads to be fixed and the service from our military as I pay for that via my taxes.

And so do those who would be refused service (not by you, just in abstract).  They help pay for the common defense, roads, and everything else that makes our country a safe and good place to open up shop.

I know I'm not going to change any minds, I'm just glad I live in a country where people can't be denied participation in commerce absent a health or safety reason. 

:shhh: You'll burst his bubble. 

Pfft...my bubble is just fine.  It some others that need popped.

Edited by btq96r

And so do those who would be refused service (not by you, just in abstract).  They help pay for the common defense, roads, and everything else that makes our country a safe and good place to open up shop.

I know I'm not going to change any minds, I'm just glad I live in a country where people can't be denied participation in commerce absent a health or safety reason. 

Pfft...my bubble is just fine.  It some others that need popped.

I threw people out of my business for being assholes. According to you I can't?

I threw people out of my business for being assholes. According to you I can't?

In abstract, I'd consider dealing with assholes a safety concern since assholes can go from verbally disruptive to physically disruptive easily enough.

What I'm talking about stuff like the gay wedding cake incident in the modern day, and the discrimination that occurred before the Civil Rights Act took effect.

• Moderators

In abstract, I'd consider dealing with assholes a safety concern since assholes can go from verbally disruptive to physically disruptive easily enough.

What I'm talking about stuff like the gay wedding cake incident in the modern day, and the discrimination that occurred before the Civil Rights Act took effect.

The problem is who decides where the lines are. That line is a moving target anymore.