Whacko professor calls 911 to report ROTC

BigK

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/professor-dials-911-over-rotc-program/

This University of North Dakoto English Professor called 911 to report seeing armed figures in camo with guns after the university announced to staff that there'd be drills on campus.

I hope they arrest this nutjob if she follows through with her threat to continue to call 911, despite being told by the university not to.

I wonder if anyone explained to her that those cadets are training to stand at the front of the line to protect her way of life and right to be blissfully ignorant, say what she wants how she wants, etc. etc.

With a little luck she will be prosecuted for abuse of the 911 system if she keeps it up. Maybe her sentence could be to participate in drill and buy the cadets lunch for a month. It would be a small price to pay for a big lesson!
As a former cop I can say... People call 911 and cops respond; it’s what they do (Dispatchers don’t make decisions on calls were violence is a possibility; cops at the scene do.).

She sounds like a nutcase looking for a lawsuit, and she will get exactly what she wants if they arrest or fire her for calling in a man with a gun.

This sounds like a situation the College administration needs to deal with. They have an over the top gun hater they need to deal with.

The real possible problem here is if they do get an active shooter and are slow to respond trying to find out if it’s a call from her.

DISCLAIMER: I didn’t go look at her website though, I could tell from her “letter” she has issues.

Here's her letter for those that don't want to click through... See if you can spot the TrickyNicky twist :D

Apparently, it's not enough that UND's administration is attacking the quality of education by cutting programs and experienced faculty and jacking class sizes. Now, we must also feel under physical attack as well.

I look up from my office computer to see two figures in camo with guns outside my window. My first thought is for my students' and my safety: I grab my phone, crawl under my desk and call 911. The dispatcher keeps me on the line until someone can see if ROTC is doing maneuvers.

I can barely talk—first, with fear, and then with rage when the dispatcher reports back that yes, in fact, I've probably just seen ROTC cadets, though they're going to send an officer to check because no one has cleared it with them. They thank me for reporting it.

A few minutes later, a university officer calls me back—not to reassure me, but to scold me for calling 911. He says ROTC has permission to do this exercise. When I tell him that this was news to 911 and that they encouraged me to call whenever I see a gun on campus, he seems surprised.

He also tells me that ROTC will be doing these exercises for the next couple weeks.

So I reply that I guess I'll be calling 911 for the next couple weeks—and I will. Every time.

It's not my job to decide whether people carrying guns at school are an actual threat. It's my job to teach and to get home to my family.

It's already highly inappropriate to conduct unnecessary military maneuvers in the middle of the quad. But with school shootings on the increase and tensions at UND running high, it's especially irresponsible.

We're already under financial and emotional attack. We don't need to feel under physical attack, too.

Heidi Czerwiec

Grand Forks

Czerwiec is an associate idiot at UND.

Yeah, I read about that the other day, she's been officialy advised and according to he stated she'll ignor the information and call in bogus 911 compaints. She's actually set herself up to be arrested and have her employment treminated. Were I the school administration I'd cut my losses and go ahead and fire her now.

North Dakota? This loon is in the wrong state, checking handgunlaw.us their laws are close to ours, better in some areas, they allow open carry without a permit. With this publicity she has now I wouldn't doubt if there would be some spiteful people who would make it a habit to walk up and down the street in front of her house with their handgun in full view just to mess with her, eventually the cops would have to get sick and tired of her. I would probably leave her some ad brochures about California, New Jersey and New England states along with some ad brochures about U-Haul or Hertz or some other moving companies.  :devil:

This was already full potato, and we're well on our way to a double potato.  The videos work in Google Chrome, but not Firefox for some reason on my computer.  They're worth watching.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3994383-video-professors-criticism-rotc-drills-und-campus-draws-internet-ire

I can see how she wouldn't know what was going on.  If I had to memorize the salient details of every mundane email I get from MTSU, I wouldn't have time for anything else...so I can believe she didn't know the ROTC cadets were going to be out there.  I can even understand why she might think that someone carrying guns could be a shooter, or en route to start shooting.  It's not out of the realm of theory to think an active shooter might be wearing camouflage uniforms.  There is even logic in thinking those were cops responding to an incident, since some LEO's think camofauge uniforms are all the rage. 

If all she had done was call 911 at that point to report what she saw, the had things explained to her, and false alarm was declared, we'd be cool.  Everything that has happened since then (particularly the letter) is on her.  I'm sure that some people are going overboard in their responses, and that Facebook group is pretty stupid.  Doesn't absolve her actions after having the situation explained to her.

One of her "poems" tells me all I need to know:

Triolet

I've chosen from my French ticklers
to write in you, the triolet.
Rondeaus and villanelles are fickler
so I've chosen from my French ticklers
a form that gets the job done quickler,
yet scratches your itches à Françáise.
I've chosen from my French ticklers
to write for you this triolet.

But wait, there's more

TRIOLET

I praise the circumference of thy shaft!
All night long, O my Evan,
I praise it lowered, half-, and fully-staffed.
I praise the circumference of thy shaft,
but most of all I praise the craft
with which you work its inches seven.
I praise the circumference of thy shaft
all night long – O my! Evan!

Edited by Sam1

Let me get this right, people pay her to teach! WTF :wall:

Well she's currently an associate professor which places her on a tenure tract for professor. So since she doesn't have tenure places her in a position where its not really a good ideal to embarrass the school administration. I suspect she's already been counseled about this in private so only time will tell whether she's just running her mouth or follows though on placing harassing 911 calls. Regardless, I believe she's probably on shaky ground jobs wise.  

$69,237.00 to be exact.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sites/default/files/Salaries%20combined.pdf

Not sure how that relates to academia in general, the area she lives in, ect...but I can't imagine her salary being prohibitive to a modest living in North Dakota.

That sure beats working for a living.

"Those who can, do; those who can't, teach." :clap:

• Like 1