Carrying on a Motorcycle with no Permit

I found this: Tennessee Code 55-8-105

Every person riding an animal or driving any animal-drawn vehicle upon a roadwayshall be granted all of the rights and shall be subject to all of the duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle by this chapter and chapter 10, parts 1-5 of this title, except those provisions of this chapter and chapter 10, parts 1-5 of this title that by their very nature can have no application.

15 minutes ago, robertand said:

does anybody know if the castle rules apply to horseback? is a horse considered a vehicle?

For what purpose?

Chapter 55 cited above is the vehicle code and doesn’t have anything to do with deadly force.

On 4/26/2016 at 7:03 PM, Roche said:

Do you have a Pennsylvania CCW?  If so, I'm thinking reciprocity may cover you while temporarily working in TN.

If the address on his DL indicates he lives here, then I don't think so. If he doesn't have a ccw in PA or does not have a physical address in TN, get a Utah Permit or something. 

OR, Can you backpack your motorcycle? Just a thought. 😉 (just kidding)... If you won't be here long, just live without it. Not worth getting in trouble. 
If you get one, it takes a day or so to do all the running around. The quals are ez, Class I went to, sends your certificate to DMV electronically, prints can be done at a UPS store, Had my ccw in my mailbox in less than 2 weeks.

Have not looked at the Laws Regarding this, and for sure I am not a lawyer.

However, I did before I got a Carry Permit, stop by Sevierville Police Station to ask about having a weapon or weapons on a MC because I use MC to go to Shooting Ranges that are 60 miles from me. 

Don't know exact answer (words), but basically was told MC like a car and like your home. Put guns in a bag on the MC. 

I did also sometimes take a 22 rifle in a scabbard hung on side of the MC (can't remember if I asked about that or just did it). 

I was told could not take guns off the MC (except to shoot at the range). 

That worked for me, cause all I did was ride to the range and shoot and ride back home. HMMM!!! I did sometimes stop at fast Food for a snack (and just left guns with the MC). 

NOT Sure I was legal on all that. Maybe lucky did not get stopped or checked when stopped.

PS: Anyway, that was the main reason I got the carry permit at that time.