Need an intake or a good machine shop.

RC3

As some of you may have guessed from my profile picture, I have an old 1968 bel air. I dropped a jasper rebuilt motor in her about two months ago, and got everything hooked up but the carburetor. The engine came out of a C10, so the carb positioning does not match my throttle lever. Can anyone recommend a good machine shop that might be able to cut off the bolts and then re align them? And yes, I have browsed many a site looking for this damned intake and zero luck. ( Not really, found a BUNCH for the V8's but nothing for my L6).

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some of you may have guessed from my profile picture, I have an old 1968 bel air. I dropped a jasper rebuilt motor in her about two months ago, and got everything hooked up but the carburetor. The engine came out of a C10, so the carb positioning does not match my throttle lever. Can anyone recommend a good machine shop that might be able to cut off the bolts and then re align them? And yes, I have browsed many a site looking for this damned intake and zero luck. ( Not really, found a BUNCH for the V8's but nothing for my L6).

Dont know why I said intake, I need the exhaust manifold. Im going to try to use the wire linkage.

I can't remember where you said you were going to college at but if they have a mechanical technology department go by and talk with a professor or a likely looking student. Ask them if they know a good shop. If there's a local Jr. College go by and talk with them. Show pictures, ask if either they'll do it as a parts supplied project or recommend a good shop. High school auto shop classes used to do this all the time, I don't know about now.

I can't remember where you said you were going to college at but if they have a mechanical technology department go by and talk with a professor or a likely looking student. Ask them if they know a good shop. If there's a local Jr. College go by and talk with them. Show pictures, ask if either they'll do it as a parts supplied project or recommend a good shop. High school auto shop classes used to do this all the time, I don't know about now.

Nah, I didnt like WKU so I came back. Got a damn sweet job with a great company and will work on paying some of the college debt off. I will take some photos tomorrow, but this is the last thing I need to get her on the road so I can take her to the shop and have all the body work done and the car re painted.