Help me choose budget-friendly optics

I need optics for two 16" AR's and one AR pistol.

I've always purchased expensive optics, but that isn't an option at the moment. I'd like to stay around $100 +/- each, if possible. Cheaper wouldn't hurt my feelings, but I don't want complete garbage.

I'd like one to be good out to a few-hundred yards, one out to 100 yards or so, and the pistol will be more fir CQC use.

I'm talking toddler-size targets, not precision shooting. Edited by TripleDigitRide

Wow, I know toddlers can get annoying but.....

Seriously though, are you wanting a red dot or manified optics?

The one being used out to a few-hundred definitely need to be magnified.

The one being used for out to 100 or so could probably use a some magnification, but I haven't made up my mind. I had one of the Vortex Strikefires with the screw in magnifier, and it seemed to work pretty well. I'm not sure if the Strikefire II's come with the magnifier.

The AR pistol needs a red dot.

I've ben very happy with my PEPR QD mount. The larue seems better, but for the money I
think the PEPR is more than serviceable. I also have some Warne elevated rings made for AR mounting that have a QD lever of sorts on them and they were also very reasonably priced and seem solid.

I've ben very happy with my PEPR QD mount. The larue seems better, but for the money I
think the PEPR is more than serviceable. I also have some Warne elevated rings made for AR mounting that have a QD lever of sorts on them and they were also very reasonably priced and seem solid.

I have both. The Larue is a LOT better. With that said, The PEPR QD is fine. 

• Like 1

I have also heard good things about the Bushnell TRS 1x25 red dot that PSA has on sale for $80. Has anyone used this and if so would it work on a shotgun with slugs?

Yes, I've used them a lot, especially on Saiga 12's. Great red dots, hold up well.
Budget shmudget. I should have known better than to come here and start asking questions. The Bushnell and Burris have been ordered. I guess it could have been worse.

For those of you running the TRS-25's on your AR's, what mounts are you running. I've read a few complaints about some folks having co-witness issues.

Budget shmudget. I should have known better than to come here and start asking questions. The Bushnell and Burris have been ordered. I guess it could have been worse.

For those of you running the TRS-25's on your AR's, what mounts are you running. I've read a few complaints about some folks having co-witness issues.

My wife's AR has a TRS-25, with the standard AR riser.  It was a package deal from PSA a year or two ago.  It's absolute co-witness and seems to be fine.  The PA red dot on my AR is lower 1/3 cowitness, which I like better.  The PA also has a bit better optics.  The view and dot are both more crisp.  Both rifles have flip-up rear sights with standard front sights. 

• Like 1

My wife's AR has a TRS-25, with the standard AR riser. It was a package deal from PSA a year or two ago. It's absolute co-witness and seems to be fine. The PA red dot on my AR is lower 1/3 cowitness, which I like better. The PA also has a bit better optics. The view and dot are both more crisp. Both rifles have flip-up rear sights with standard front sights.

Would you mind posting a link to the PA optic you're talking about? Thank you in advance.