Got my first unuseable canted sight AK

So I order the Century WASR RH10. When I picked it up I noticed the sights were a little off so I wasn't worried about it. I can straighten canted sights as long as they are not too far out of whack. Well these ones are REALLY out of whack.

I have notified the seller and Century. We shall see what happens. The seller said it will be a while before it is resolved, two months, and then I only get a credit in a store that does not have anything else I want. I am starting to feel screwed because I cannot get a refund.

It has an adjustable rear sight and this is what it took to get on paper at 15 yards. All the way to the right and then it was only about 1/3 from the left edge of the sheet of paper. You cannot even shoulder it and get the sights lined up. You need to kind of lean over the gun to see the front and rear sights at the same time. And even though the front sight is centered there is no way I will get enough adjustment to get this thing zeroed at 25 yards.

Anybody here consider this acceptable for an $800 AK? I sure as hell don't.

12969429_1168245116520199_629197287_n.jp

12969326_1168247749853269_1373387896_n.j

Only fix is to drive out the pins realign the sight, re-drill the pin channels slightly larger, and then get some oversized pins. Apex, use to have some.

I've even seen Arsenals come this way and it is unacceptable for any AK, especially if it cost more than $450
I have had numerous bad dealings with Century. I hope they have changed there practices over the last few years. I will not do any business with them anymore.
I hope they have changed and you get the issue resolved.

The front sight is canted to the left and the gun still shoots WAY to the left. If the sight is just straightened up it would make it shoot even more to the left. There is no easy way to fix this gun.

I know how to fix the canted sight issue. You remove the pins then square the front sight up then redrill for slightly larger pins, easy. Problem is the gun is already shooting left with the front sight canted to the left. If I square the front sight it would only make it shoot even more left.

It has all the signs of a misaligned barrel in the trunnion. I've seen plenty of canted sights and if a mallet can't fix them, the gun is not spec. Even by Russian standards. Your issue is not canted sights. Can you get a picture with the handguards off looking down the receiver and barrel mid line? If it's as bad as it looks, it should be pretty evident a barrel issue.

You would think the shop would take care of this for the customer and force Century's hand. I know working in a shop that the store can get more from Century than the consumer. 

Century is going to take the gun back to see if it can be repaired. 

The shop has already said I will not get a refund for the firearm. They said I would only get store credit. This is a shop I have bought at least 8 guns from in the last two years. I have already told them if they are not going to give me a refund they lost a customer. Normally store credit would not be an issue but the store is out of stock of everything except IOR guns which are junk.

My bank will not let me dispute the charges. Called this morning and they said they could request a refund but if the vendor said no they said they could do nothing else.

It was bought with a MasterCard so I don't understand why they won't.

I don't understand not being able to dispute charges either. That SUCKS!!

I am waiting on the owner of the vendor to approve a refund. Should know something by the end of the day.

Century has sent an RMA but I DO NOT have to pay shipping. That is why I just want to get a refund. If I send it to Century they said it could take up to four months to get any refund or credit.

With the way things are going politically by the time I get a refund of credit we might see a drought like right after Obama got elected. AKs seem to be getting harder and are to find.

Edited to add the bold red above.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
I guess their return policy is a lie.

"How To Return An Item

Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect. Your must return the item within 30 days of your purchase. We are unable to accept Firearms and Ammunition for returns. If there is any manufacturing defect with a firearm please email and we will speak with the manufacturer/distributor about repairs or replacement."

So its fix it, return it and wait forevver, or trade it off to someone else willing to fix it. I believe I'd make sure some other firearms forums know about how this is all working out. Other folks might appreciate the warning.

I'm pissed for you. It's bad enough that dealers don't stand behind what they sell but that something like that is even shipped from the "manufacturer" for lack of a better term.

Is it so hard for some goon at Century, or the seller, to stick a laser bore-sighter in there to see if the sights are at least close? Edited by Garufa

It is not easily fixed by me and I will not pass it off to someone else.

I have already contacted the bank, they are more receptive to it now they know I have documentation the documentation I have. I am going to send it to Century and see if they can fix it. Hopefully they can fix it, if not I will file a small claims court case against Prepper when they refuse to give me a refund after Century gives Prepper Guns their refund.

Century no longer has any RH10's to replace this one. So it is either fix it and I get the gun back or Century keeps the gun. If Century keeps the gun they will issue Prepper Guns a refund but Prepper Guns will not give me refund. So hopefully it is fixable.

I just did a very detailed once over and it has several issues. First the barrel is leaning to the left 1/8" at the hand guard retainer so that means it is 1/4" at the muzzle. Second the threads are not concentric to the bore. It is so bad that the muzzle device is being struck by the bullet. I tried removing the flash hider but it still shoots left. The receiver is wavy as well, it is varies by as much as 1mm at various points along the receiver. And although I initially thought it was a canted sight the sights are square to each other and square to the barrel but the barrel is leaning to the left.

Stuff like this happens and I am not upset that the gun is hosed. I am upset at the fact if the gun is not able to be repaired I will be forced to use store credit at a store that I now detest. I have spent thousands of dollars with them since I started getting into AKs and ALL have been from a single store, Prepper Gun shop. But not a penny more.

Here is a picture showing the difference between the left and right sides.

12966356_1168870726457638_1229706215_n.p