Got my first unuseable canted sight AK

For me personally, I would send the gun back to Century as they agreed to accept it. Then, I would immediately file a dispute with the credit card co. The product was defective, the vendor refused to make it right, and the manufacturer acknowledged the problem. At that point, you no longer even have the product in your possesion. I feel confident the CC company would credit your money back. I'd let them hash it out with Prepper Guns. Then PG can hash it out with Century. Meanwhile, I'd be shopping for another one with my refund. I know that model is hard to find in stock though, but...

Hopefully Century will take care of it.  But this is why I only buy their(century's) stuff in person or from someone like Atlantic Firearms.  Anything that comes out of Romania should be suspect as they tend to not care too much about stuff gets assembled.

Hopefully Century will take care of it.  But this is why I only buy their(century's) stuff in person or from someone like Atlantic Firearms.  Anything that comes out of Romania should be suspect as they tend to not care too much about stuff gets assembled.

I have bought no less than 10 Romanian AKs in the last two years and this is the first one that has had issues. I would put a current production WASR against any other gun on the market in the under $1,000 category. The ONLY gun that I would choose above a current production WASR is a DDI gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Century is sending me a new firearm. Should be here in a week or two.

Which is great so I do not have to deal with Preper Guns ever again.

Will it have the same serial number or will you have to go through another FFL? But its sure nice to hear that Century is going to do right by you. That's very impressive, thanks for mentioning it.

Will it have the same serial number or will you have to go through another FFL? But its sure nice to hear that Century is going to do right by you. That's very impressive, thanks for mentioning it.

It doesn't need the same serial number and it doesn't need to go to an FFL. Some manufacturers, like Ruger, require any firearm to go back through an FFL. They just ship it directly to me because it is the same as getting MY gun back but with a different serial number. It is considered a "repair" and so it does not need to go through a background because it came from you in the first place.

• Like 1

It doesn't need the same serial number and it doesn't need to go to an FFL. Some manufacturers, like Ruger, require any firearm to go back through an FFL. They just ship it directly to me because it is the same as getting MY gun back but with a different serial number. It is considered a "repair" and so it does not need to go through a background because it came from you in the first place.

True, If the manufacture substitutes the serial number in their books as a replacement. Repairs can't be substituted. Some manufactures won't do that, however and that is why they gave to go through a FFL.

True, If the manufacture substitutes the serial number in their books as a replacement. Repairs can't be substituted. Some manufactures won't do that, however and that is why they gave to go through a FFL.

Yeah, I got a replacement rifle from Mossberg sent straight to home, but ATI would only send a replacement lower to FFL, for which they'd also rebate you 20 clams for after the fact. What a hassle. And the rep said she knew it was legal for them to send the lower directly to me, but that it was company "policy" to do it that way. 

- OS

ATI sent me a replacement rifle (different S#) after several repair attempts straight back to me. S&W sent my 642, which had a different frame and S# back through an FFL which required another background check.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
From the BATF....
https://atf-eregs.18f.gov/478-147/03-1657

A person not otherwise prohibited by Federal, State or local law may ship a firearm to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer for any lawful purpose, and, notwithstanding any other provision of this part, the licensed manufacturer, licensed importer, or licensed dealer may return in interstate or foreign commerce to that person the firearm or a replacement firearm of the same kind and type.

My guess would be that these words are what cause some manufacturers to go through an FFL.

A person not otherwise prohibited by Federal, State or local law