Got my first unuseable canted sight AK

The serial number on the trunion says it is a 2014 gun. But the RH10 is a brand new model, definitely not here in 2014.

That gun is bent.

You bet. I bet at 25 yards no amount of adjustment, on both the front and rear sights, will get me on paper.

I assume the front sight was canted because you could see it was to the left of the receiver as you looked at it from the back of the receiver. The front sight and rear sight are square to each other and they are square to the barrel the barrel is not square to the receiver.

Wow. That's terrible. I agree that the most disappointing thing is the lack of customer service by the store to make this right. You said the credit card is more receptive now. Why not push them to refund your money and stop payment to Prepper Guns? I bet they'll take it back then if the CC will reverse the charges. You received a product that you can't use.

Carefull on that plan Dolo, some card companies will be less willing to charge back the more time that passes.I'd get the ball rolling on the charge back, THEN see what can be done with the gun once you hold the $$$ AND possibly still the gun. 

Good luck man, this bights and I will never do business with PG based on this experience.

With the way some stuff like this works out, I personally wouldn't chance it. Besides, after the attempted screwing they're both trying to give you, wouldn't you rather be the one holding the cards? YOU have integrity, THEM... Maybe? 

The bank has said they will refund my money within 60 days of purchase.

That is the route I would go. Once you have disputed the payment they know they aren’t getting paid and you will probably have more options. But I wouldn’t wait.

If your bank is the issuing authority for the MasterCard you aren’t anything; it will show up on your bill as disputed.
  • Like 1

The bank has said they will refund my money within 60 days of purchase. Surely to God Century will determine whether it is fixable before then.

Day 59 file that claim for sure, maybe sooner. Possibly let century know that they have 30 days to make it right or you will file a claim on your CC. That gives them plenty of time to make things right and a deadline to work agsinst.

Good luck!

I assume the front sight was canted because you could see it was to the left of the receiver as you looked at it from the back of the receiver. The front sight and rear sight are square to each other and they are square to the barrel the barrel is not square to the receiver.

Mike.357 has a Remington Viper .22 like that, but since both iron sights are on the barrel it shoots fine with them. But put a scope on the built-in Weaver sight base on the receiver, and you can't compensate enough with the scope adjustments to zero it, tried two different sets of rings and two different scopes. Then we noticed you could actually simply see that the sight base and and the barrel directions didn't really jibe.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
They refused to let me return it. I was going to ship it back anyways but then they would have the gun and the money and I would be out $800.

I am shipping it back to Century today and Monday I will request a chargeback. After Prepper Guns refuses to give me a refund I will file a claim in court. My only concern is they convince LE I have broken the law.

The shop has repeatedly said I will NEVER get a refund for the gun no matter what Century says or does.

I can promise you I will post all our correspondence on every gun board across the Internet once this is done.

Why would LE be involved in this; it’s a civil situation?

I know it should be but people get LE involved in civil matters all the time when they get butt hurt. And honestly how they have acted regarding the refund I could see them being spiteful.

So far Century has really surprised me.

I know it should be but people get LE involved in civil matters all the time when they get butt hurt. And honestly how they have acted regarding the refund I could see them being spiteful.

Yep. Particularly small businesses that try to beat a customer out of their money on a bad deal. They believe that laying a paper trail alleging threats, harassment or disruption of business will make it look like the customers fault. I'm hoping you have someone on tape or an e-mail from the gun shop saying they won't refund your money. FWIW if you do I strongly urge you to immediately file a stop payment and have your attorney contact the gun store and Century. If your really lucky Century will make the gun store eat the loss due to customer service.   

I have already forwarded the email from Prepper Guns' to Century where Prepper Guns said I will not get a refund.

I didn't object to issuing me a credit except I have no interest in buying anything they have in stock. And when I told them I would prefer a refund they said I would only get credit and I would only get it after Century gives them THEIR refund. Edited by Dolomite_supafly

I guess their return policy is a lie.

"How To Return An Item

Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect. Your must return the item within 30 days of your purchase. We are unable to accept Firearms and Ammunition for returns. If there is any manufacturing defect with a firearm please email and we will speak with the manufacturer/distributor about repairs or replacement."

This may be the dumb question of the day, but they say in their policy that they don't accept firearm returns. Where's the lie?

Maybe dumb question #2, but in a good way or not? Have you had any other communication with them about this?

guess their return policy is a lie. 

"How To Return An Item

Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect. Your must return the item within 30 days of your purchase. We are unable to accept Firearms and Ammunition for returns. If there is any manufacturing defect with a firearm please email and we will speak with the manufacturer/distributor about repairs or replacement."

This may be the dumb question of the day, but they say in their policy that they don't accept firearm returns. Where's the lie?

Maybe dumb question #2, but in a good way or not? Have you had any other communication with them about this?

I believe he is referring to the bold portion. According to DS they are not handling the process after all.

• Moderators
Definitely do not wait on disputing the charges with your bank. A vendor only has so many days to rectify a dispute or the refund is automatic. Usually 45 days, hence the 60 day refund to you. Everyone involved will be more proactive in taking care of the issues with the charges being disputed.

Man I'm glad I saw this.  I was thinking about buying an X95 from Prepper Guns.  Now I'll just wait until I find one locally.  Thanks for the heads up on avoiding this business.  If Century does right by you I will still buy their product, but if they screw you I'll avoid them as well.  Good luck.  

nCentury is on top of this and they are going to do everything they can to fix the gun. If they are unable to fix the gun then I am out the gun and the are going to issue a credit. I suspect that even if they can straighten out the barrel issue they will still keep the gun because the threads are off enough that the bullet hits the flash hider. That tells me that there is a safety issue and I am not getting it back.

EVERY other time I have had a problem the vendor took care of the issue without the need for me to wait months for it to be resolved. This process is going to take months when every day things are getting more and more scarce as the elections get closer. Matter of fact the last problem I had I sent pictures of the issue and once they the gun was in the their hands they shipped the replacement directly to me before they even had time to inspect the return. I did not have to wait months and months for a replacement and actually had the gun two days later.

My issue is not that the gun is screwed up or that is needs to go back to Century. My issue is they are giving me a credit if Century cannot repair the gun.  So if Century cannot get the gun repaired I will be out the gun and because Prepper guns is saying they will only give me credit I will also be out the money unless I buy something else from them which I will not. And that is the problem I have.

I notified Prepper Guns of the issue as soon as I realized there was a problem. Their response was to send me a youtube video saying ALL AKs have canted sights. And when I sent pictures of how far the rear sight needed to go to the right to get on paper they immediately went into defensive mode and said I needed to go directly with the manufacturer, again no big deal. They did not do anything trying to secure a replacement for the defective firearm. I am pretty sure they were still in stock when I notified them of the problem and I would have bought a second so I would not be out the gun. They pretty much washed their hands of the issue the second I said I had a problem. The customer service guy even recognized my name and said he remembers me because of all the guns I have purchased recently.

I have asked them bluntly whether they are going to give me a refund in am email. If they decide to change their mind and issue a refund then I will pull this down.

Man I'm glad I saw this.  I was thinking about buying an X95 from Prepper Guns.  Now I'll just wait until I find one locally.  Thanks for the heads up on avoiding this business.  If Century does right by you I will still buy their product, but if they screw you I'll avoid them as well.  Good luck.  

So far Century is trying to do everything they can to resolve the issue. Based on the 10+ Century guns I have bought in the last two years I would have no problem buy a gun imported by Century. Some of their US made models may have issues but so far the guns they have imported have been PERFECT.

Maybe Spots can comment on the brand new WASR I lent him a few weeks ago. It looked great but only Spots has fired it.

I can see why you are upset with them, but I am confused as to why you think you are out any money or have to wait to get your money back. I’ve had to submit a dispute to MasterCard. It was handled pretty quick and it wasn’t billed while it was in dispute.

The gun has been sent back to Century, I would dispute the charge and go buy whatever I wanted.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

I can see why you are upset with them, but I am confused as to why you think you are out any money or have to wait to get your money back. I’ve had to submit a dispute to MasterCard. It was handled pretty quick and it wasn’t billed while it was in dispute.

The gun has been sent back to Century, I would dispute the charge and go buy whatever I wanted.

Definitely

and have your attorney contact the gun store

attorney?  Over an 800 dollar gun?   Yeah that will be cost effective.  There is nothing here that can't be accomplished through the card issuer.

• Like 1