Punisher sticker

So one day last week I was driving to work and Enter Sandman came on the radio  :rock:  It was a beautiful day out, I had the windows down, and the radio cranked until the speakers started cracklin'! As I slow down to back into my parking spot I notice a guy in the next parking lot behind ours giving me the thumbs up. I smile, give him one back, and assume he's a Metallica fan right? As I shut the door after parking, he hollers "Hey! You're a Punisher fan huh?" I look at the sticker on my back glass and say "You know it! Chris Kyle!". He didn't miss a beat and said "Yeah he's coming out on a new show." I looked at him with a puzzled face as he started talking about some show that I assume is based off of the Marvel Comics. I quickly realized we were not going to have a meaningful conversation, told him have a good day and walked on inside  :shrug:

I honestly don't hold it against the guy. A lot of people love those kinds of shows, just nobody I hang out with. So it caught me off guard that anyone would think that sticker meant "Hey I love that comic hero." I got a little chuckle out of it later after the confusion wore off.

Doesn't really matter anymore since I'm taking all the stickers off my truck. Most of them are gun related and I've always been irritated by the fact that being able to show my support for a company could get my truck broken into. But, the older I get the more realistic I get and it just isn't worth the risk. Not to mention the fact that pansy liberals are more likely to call in on someone they think might have an evil automatic banana clip assault missile on board once they see the stickers.

• Like 2
I am a Metallica - Punisher - Chris Kyel fan. Can't all the head bangers, nerds and gun advocates just get along?

Seriously, I got a new to me truck last year and I didn't put any stickers like that on the back of my truck for the same reason.
  • Like 1

Yeah at my age I don't have any decals or stickers on my truck either. I enjoy not attracting any unwanted attention. 

If I wanted a little attention, I'd do the Wally World walk without my concealment shirt / jacket on. Leaving Wally World I'd crank up the ole 500 watter all the way home so everyone within 500 yards could feel my vibes too  :biglol:

• Like 1

I am a Metallica - Punisher - Chris Kyel fan. Can't all the head bangers, nerds and gun advocates just get along?
Seriously, I got a new to me truck last year and I didn't put any stickers like that on the back of my truck for the same reason.

:lol: Yessir indeed!
For what it's worth, just about every other special ops vehicle down range has the punisher skull rattle canned onto it somewhere, and many of the operators have a patch or some swag on their kit with that symbol as well. Not sure when or why it because synonymous with CK here in the states. Good marketing I suppose.
  • Like 2

For what it's worth, just about every other special ops vehicle down range has the punisher skull rattle canned onto it somewhere, and many of the operators have a patch or some swag on their kit with that symbol as well. Not sure when or why it because synonymous with CK here in the states. Good marketing I suppose.

Probably so, it's a tough looking image. I guess it will stand for whatever the person wants it to stand for when looking at it or displaying it.

I guess it will stand for whatever the person wants it to stand for when looking at it or displaying it.

People make things stand for what every they want it to. Some people think this is a Chinese Restraunt sign, some people think it stands for something else.

th_a101f098c76f76f8a140331ab6e366d1_zpsd Edited by I am Groot!
  • Like 4

Pretty sure Kyle was a fan, thus the usage.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/295962-marvel-comics-hero-now-icon-fight-isis/

I had this same type of confusion when i took up mountain biking. I'd say I was gonna ride my bike this weekend, someone would take that to mean motorcycle and get all disappointed when I said I trail ride.

It's actually the one sticker I may leave on the back glass. I hate to take off the other ones but feel I'm doing myself a justice by removing them in the long run.

It's actually the one sticker I may leave on the back glass. I hate to take off the other ones but feel I'm doing myself a justice by removing them in the long run.

Isn't it funny that in a manly community, talking about manly things and shooting manly guns... inevitably we're all worried about some stickers?

I'm in the same boat! I got a brand new ride and it's dying to have a CZ sticker amongst a few others.... but I don't want to advertise!

I JUST WANNA PUT ON STICKERS!!!

• Like 2

Isn't it funny that in a manly community, talking about manly things and shooting manly guns... inevitably we're all worried about some stickers?

I'm in the same boat! I got a brand new ride and it's dying to have a CZ sticker amongst a few others.... but I don't want to advertise!

I JUST WANNA PUT ON STICKERS!!!

Yep, same here! I flash back to riding in my Dad's old trucks. They always had a Ruger sticker and an NRA sticker on the glass. As Archie and Edith would sing "Those were the days!"