Devil Dog Arms

• Moderators
A 23 year Marine friend of mine sent me this text and asked that I share with everyone in the gun community. He personally has checked I to this and verified the information.

Joe Lucania, who is clearly guilty of stolen valor and the owner of Devil Dog Arms, claimed for years that he was a former USMC Scout Sniper and used this claim as the basis of credibility to create his successful business. Not only was he not a Scout Sniper, but he never served in the Marine Corps. When pressed for the truth, he finally fessed up and said he felt that he earned the ability to say he was a Marine because he was in JROTC in college. Don't ever buy a product from Devil Dog Arms and feel free to tell this guy what you think about him and his company. Edited by ggwilde
I'll never buy anything from him or his compny. I'll also never call him. It's not worth it to give a guy like this any more attention than he already has. The toughest thing you can do to an attention seeker is ignore them.

That's just what I'll do.
If the co builds a decent rifle who cares?? Lying about military creds is really not the same as stolen valor. Lots of liars and scoundrels run companies we all buy from.like Obama. Hillary, and the co (Troy) that hired the guy that shot Randy Weaver's wife.... As an old marine, I have the right to say whatever and take his lying about being a marine sniper as a compliment. He prob knew better than to say he was a seal or sf guy,and figured I'll just try to imitate the best!
Thanks for the heads up! Edited by Dustbuster
Usually this stuff runs wild when someone is outed in the gun community. Doing a Google search I don’t see much about this other than this thread and the Facebook post. He says in his video he was in the Marines; are you sure that isn’t true? I can’t tell; just asking.

Usually this stuff runs wild when someone is outed in the gun community. Doing a Google search I don’t see much about this other than this thread and the Facebook post. He says in his video he was in the Marines; are you sure that isn’t true? I can’t tell; just asking.

Stolen Valor picked it up and are looking into it, if there's any legitimacy to the accusations they will find out and turn it over.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I can guarantee my marine buddy doesn't leak or falsely accuse anyone without proper investigation. He was asked personally to investigate this. He didn't pick this up from a Facebook post or a news article. First hand knowledge by him. It has already been turned over to the proper authorities who are in the process of putting the case together for charges. With what has been done publicly for prophet he expects there will be jail time.

There are many people using our Armed Forces to profit from. Look at the guy from Wounded Warriors and what he did. They are playing on the hearts of the American people who have the utmost respect for our Men and Women in Uniform. I have never given to Wounded Warriors because I never trusted them. I do give to other organizations that do help our wounded Heroe's when I can and will till I die...............jmho 

• Like 1

I can guarantee my marine buddy doesn't leak or falsely accuse anyone without proper investigation. He was asked personally to investigate this. He didn't pick this up from a Facebook post or a news article. First hand knowledge by him. It has already been turned over to the proper authorities who are in the process of putting the case together for charges. With what has been done publicly for prophet he expects there will be jail time.

Edited by bersaguy

There are many people using our Armed Forces to profit from. Look at the guy from Wounded Warriors and what he did. They are playing on the hearts of the American people who have the utmost respect for our Men and Women in Uniform. I have never given to Wounded Warriors because I never trusted them. I do give to other organizations that do help our wounded Heroe's when I can and will till I die...............jmho 

I donated to the Wounded Warriors a couple of times...until I found how the money wasn't spent where we all thought.

Good luck getting ANYTHING done about this. Those who can do something about it simply don't give a damn. 

Several people in my area, including myself, were scammed out money, goods and services by a woman who was going around claiming to be a disabled Army medic down on her luck. She managed con people from all over the U.S. via a Dave Ramsey Facebook page. Not only that, but people from outside the U.S. were conned by a GoFundMe account where she claimed to be a disabled Army veteran.

I dedicated countless hours over a period of a few months to gather a mountain of evidence against her, including a FOIA request to prove she never served a single day in the U.S. Military. I contacted the local police, Army, FBI, Stolen Valor/Guardian of Valor, and every news agency in middle Tennessee. So far, the only coverage this story has received was on some 'This Ain't Hell' blog. I did receive an email from a crime reporter/writer in the Nashville area, but I've yet to see the coverage she had promised. As far as the authorities go, the couldn't have cared less. Every agency passed the buck. 

I know the folks at Stolen Valor/Guardian of Valor have broken a few cases, but they waste too much time and resources on stories about some 20-something punks who've finally crawled out of mommy's basement to hang out at the local used video game store while wearing a camo get-up they found for 75 cents at a neighborhood yard sale. Really!?!? Why the hell are they worried about garbage like this, while there are scumbags who are conning people out of piles of money? Ugh! 

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Good luck getting ANYTHING done about this. Those who can do something about it simply don't give a damn.

Several people in my area, including myself, were scammed out money, goods and services by a woman who was going around claiming to be a disabled Army medic down on her luck. She managed con people from all over the U.S. via a Dave Ramsey Facebook page. Not only that, but people from outside the U.S. were conned by a GoFundMe account where she claimed to be a disabled Army veteran.

I dedicated countless hours over a period of a few months to gather a mountain of evidence against her, including a FOIA request to prove she never served a single day in the U.S. Military. I contacted the local police, Army, FBI, Stolen Valor/Guardian of Valor, and every news agency in middle Tennessee. So far, the only coverage this story has received was on some 'This Ain't Hell' blog. I did receive an email from a crime reporter/writer in the Nashville area, but I've yet to see the coverage she had promised. As far as the authorities go, the couldn't have cared less. Every agency passed the buck.

I know the folks at Stolen Valor/Guardian of Valor have broken a few cases, but they waste too much time and resources on stories about some 20-something punks who've finally crawled out of mommy's basement to hang out at the local used video game store while wearing a camo get-up they found for 75 cents at a neighborhood yard sale. Really!?!? Why the hell are they worried about garbage like this, while there are scumbags who are conning people out of piles of money? Ugh!

Sad nothing is being done about this. I replied to my buddy saying I hoped he was correct in the jail time but I doubt it would happen.

If the co builds a decent rifle who cares?? Lying about military creds is really not the same as stolen valor.

It may not be a case of directly stealing valor for himself, but he is still stealing it from others who earned it.  When someone tries to present themselves as equal to those who have worn the uniform, or served in a specific billet, they are trying to get people to associate the respect, and honor of that service with themselves, when they haven't earned it.  Those creds he claimed were not his, and he knew it.  If he wanted them, all he had to do was sign up, earn the title, put on a ruck and move out.  By claiming he did so, he stole the valor of those men who did earn those titles and honors.  Just as despicable as someone who buys medals from a catalog and tries to tell people he earned them.

I don't care if they build a decent rifle. It could shoot like a Daniel Defense build, look like a Noveske product, and come with a price tag like it was from a PSA holiday sale, and I still wouldn't care.  If they did indeed lie like they are accused of doing, I won't spend a dime on their products.

• Like 3

This is why I shrug it off because stolen valor cases or lying about creds don't move anywhere except in social media circles.

I praise those that debunk the creeps but again getting it into a courtroom is difficult. It takes up to 6 mos to get a copy of someone's SRB under foia. I would hope someone does that before blasting the guy. I wouldn't buy anything from them as they don't have anything I'd like plus they're in Illinois.....if they had something I needed and couldn't get it elsewhere i'd still buy from them. Troy industries is still in business after hiring ken whatever his name is the FBI sniper,after killing randy weavers wife.... Show me the SRB first or letter declaring not on file... Edited by Dustbuster

Is it that they don’t care or is it that don’t have jurisdiction? Does your local law enforcement have the authority to make an arrest under the Stolen Valor act? The first was shot down as unconstitutional and the one from 2013 is pretty specific in what the person has to claim and the intent that must be proven.

I don’t see this as near the problem computer fraud is. People are scammed out of money every day and due to the laws; it’s tough for anyone but the feds to do anything. Of course they aren’t going to get involved in someone getting scammed.

With the computers and information age eventually the laws will change. But that will require states to work together; good luck with that.

Not sure why people lie about that stuff, I know plenty of non-vets that know more about firearms than vets do.

+1.

I had a marine vet working security at an old job tell me the letter A stood for automatic so I'd never be able to anything with an A in its name. :rolleyes:

I asked what about my dads M38A? (Jeep) not only does he own it, the damn things a manual from the transition right up to the windshield wipers :rofl:

I'm also lol at the notion that we should trust the word of a liar when he says he has no more involvement with the company. Didn't he start/own the company? What sucker did he find to buy it in light of his being found out? I wouldn't take the company if he gave it to me free. Easier to buy the inventory and start anew with a new name that doesn't have the stink of the previous owner on it.
  • Like 1

It's been my experience that if people will lie about the little things then they will lie about the big things, so I don't understand why anyone would NOT have a problem with this.

I'm proud to have actually served in the Marine Corps in a couple of artillery units. I don't feel the need to embellish my experiences for emotional or financial gain.

• Like 4