Machine gun shoot AAR

Is there a link you can share to see if he got any good pictures of us?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but not at this time. I went over to Olegs house and got a CD copy of the pictures. I'll see if I can find any of you and I'll PM you if I can. Swamped with my full time job right now so please bare with me.
  • Like 1

Regan really enjoyed herself. Thank you guys for putting this on. Here are the videos of her shooting.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/alleycat72_bucket/th_20160409_113258_zpsruqurwls.mp4

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/alleycat72_bucket/th_20160409_113822_zpsrvuntjpw.mp4

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/alleycat72_bucket/th_20160409_120118_zpsqkeu59ag.mp4

Loved seeing the smile on her face coming off those belt feds! Makes everything worth it, hands down, seeing people happy and enjoying themselves. Glad you guys had a good time! Edited by 173rdABN
  • Moderators

Is there ANYTHING you'd like to see us change? Do better? Adjust?

My thoughts, and I know some of this is nearly impossible when people are waiting in line to shoot.

1) More (qty) reliable magazines. Me? I sort of wanted to grab ahold of about 3-4 Glock magazines to spit them out of that Glock 18. It is hard to do when others have them preloaded in their hands. Would be nice to be able to have enough so that anyone that wants to load a few can, before they ever end up on the firing line. Also, some of the mags seemed less than reliable. The two I had trouble with I believe were some of the AK-47 magazines. Also the .40 S&W Glock mags seemed odd (as in, troublesome) to load 9mm into.

2) Possibly pay some kid $1 a magazine to reload them in advance. I believe most of use would have paid an extra $1 per magazine to have it handed to us preloaded. Example: $10 for a loaded Glock magazine.

3) Targets. If there is a way to safely shoot at reactive targets of some sort that would be great. Sure, full auto is fun, but I would like to measure accuracy in some way. Shooting at a target with hundreds of existing holes is...like beating a dead horse! Especially on the belt fed stuff. Some sort of pop up target system would be awesome.

4) Suppressors. I would have liked to have seen some suppressors set to the side for Glocks, etc. This would not only be fun but also a gateway sale for Mike at LES. I have been toying with the idea of getting into them but want a good demo of various configurations to decide if it is worth the money to me.

5) Repeal the Hughes Amendment so I can get in on the fun for the cheap:)
I have to apologize for not making it. Unfortunately every vehicle in our stable has required some kind of work in the last month, and as many of you know that can take a toll on the fun monies. I will definitely attend one in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by KKing

My thoughts, and I know some of this is nearly impossible when people are waiting in line to shoot.

1) More (qty) reliable magazines. Me? I sort of wanted to grab ahold of about 3-4 Glock magazines to spit them out of that Glock 18. It is hard to do when others have them preloaded in their hands. Would be nice to be able to have enough so that anyone that wants to load a few can, before they ever end up on the firing line. Also, some of the mags seemed less than reliable. The two I had trouble with I believe were some of the AK-47 magazines. Also the .40 S&W Glock mags seemed odd (as in, troublesome) to load 9mm into.

2) Possibly pay some kid $1 a magazine to reload them in advance. I believe most of use would have paid an extra $1 per magazine to have it handed to us preloaded. Example: $10 for a loaded Glock magazine.

3) Targets. If there is a way to safely shoot at reactive targets of some sort that would be great. Sure, full auto is fun, but I would like to measure accuracy in some way. Shooting at a target with hundreds of existing holes is...like beating a dead horse! Especially on the belt fed stuff. Some sort of pop up target system would be awesome.

4) Suppressors. I would have liked to have seen some suppressors set to the side for Glocks, etc. This would not only be fun but also a gateway sale for Mike at LES. I have been toying with the idea of getting into them but want a good demo of various configurations to decide if it is worth the money to me.

5) Repeal the Hughes Amendment so I can get in on the fun for the cheap:)

1) I had a tub of extra mags in the trailer. Wish I woulda known. Sorry man. Only reason we didn't set a crap ton out is because we didn't want anyone walking away with 1 or 2 here and there. The AK mags I should have only placed Magpul ones out. Thats the first time my M70ABM was used really. Had no idea the mags would fail in it. I apologize man, I had a bunch of steel mags in the trailer as well. There should have NOT been 40 mags anywhere what-so-ever on that firing line…. Not sure how they got out there, or who put them there, but no way should have happened. I personally put 2x 33 rounders out, and I think Blaise put 1x 33 rounder out next to my Glock 18. I don't even have stick mags for .40 Glocks… 

2) Know any kids willing to work, that know how to load mags? I don't have kids, but the idea is really good. I know Mike was linking belts in his hotel room most the night before. 

3) There was targets out there to hang out, the guys were aware they could change them when they got shot up or centers blown out… 

4) Full auto glocks don't work with suppressors, so thats out. sorry. I had a suppressor on my MP5A3 that was out there, and another one sitting by the belt feds if anyone wanted to use it on my M249. Also let some kids use it on my 10.5" M4. I don't have a lot of demo suppressors to put on guns, but I do like the idea and I'll try and acquire more for range use so people can try them out and see what they like.

5) You and me both man. Not cheap buying this stuff even for dealers!

Ps. You should have saw that Glock 18 when I cleaned it yesterday. Holy smokes batman…… I'll be getting another before the next shoot and keeping one in a RONI kit and one without the kit. Got a HK G36 as well coming, and my HK416 should be here soon. Mike didn't bring his HK416, but said he would next time. He should also have his M11 done by then as well. 

It was hard as heck to cover three bays man. Mike was constantly fixing the belt feds to keep them running and happy, and I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to help the other bays with issues and keep everyone happy. If you need ANYTHING at the next shoot, please find me personally and ask me for it and I'd be happy to hook you up. I have something like 20 Glock mags I could have let you use :)

• Moderators

1) I had a tub of extra mags in the trailer. Wish I woulda known. Sorry man. Only reason we didn't set a crap ton out is because we didn't want anyone walking away with 1 or 2 here and there. The AK mags I should have only placed Magpul ones out. Thats the first time my M70ABM was used really. Had no idea the mags would fail in it. I apologize man, I had a bunch of steel mags in the trailer as well. There should have NOT been 40 mags anywhere what-so-ever on that firing line…. Not sure how they got out there, or who put them there, but no way should have happened. I personally put 2x 33 rounders out, and I think Blaise put 1x 33 rounder out next to my Glock 18. I don't even have stick mags for .40 Glocks… 

2) Know any kids willing to work, that know how to load mags? I don't have kids, but the idea is really good. I know Mike was linking belts in his hotel room most the night before. 

3) There was targets out there to hang out, the guys were aware they could change them when they got shot up or centers blown out… 

4) Full auto glocks don't work with suppressors, so thats out. sorry. I had a suppressor on my MP5A3 that was out there, and another one sitting by the belt feds if anyone wanted to use it on my M249. Also let some kids use it on my 10.5" M4. I don't have a lot of demo suppressors to put on guns, but I do like the idea and I'll try and acquire more for range use so people can try them out and see what they like.

5) You and me both man. Not cheap buying this stuff even for dealers!

Ps. You should have saw that Glock 18 when I cleaned it yesterday. Holy smokes batman…… I'll be getting another before the next shoot and keeping one in a RONI kit and one without the kit. Got a HK G36 as well coming, and my HK416 should be here soon. Mike didn't bring his HK416, but said he would next time. He should also have his M11 done by then as well. 

It was hard as heck to cover three bays man. Mike was constantly fixing the belt feds to keep them running and happy, and I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to help the other bays with issues and keep everyone happy. If you need ANYTHING at the next shoot, please find me personally and ask me for it and I'd be happy to hook you up. I have something like 20 Glock mags I could have let you use :)

By no means interpret any of that as dissatisfaction! I was 99% satisfied...the only 1% dissatisfaction was that I didn't have $1000 to blow!

1) No biggie. Most went fine. but the .40 Glock mag puzzled me as well as a few others attending.

2) Hey, I WILL load mags for $1.00 each if we were closer. Also wouldn't care to link belts either.

3) Understandably replacing targets would take more time when people are waiting...

4) Mainly I was talking about another lane full of only suppressors on semi-auto weapons. Sort of a "try me" on stuff that most people could afford if they wanted. I am so close to buying a can for my Glock but would like a personal demo of the right (subsonic ammo) through the right host pistol just to make sure it is worth the time and effort and that I have realistic expectations. Assuming Mike sells a lot of suppressors then it seems this would be the perfect gateway to new customers for him.

As to the Glock, I loved that thing. In the carbine kit it is actually usable but I was curious what it would handle like without a conversion. I figured a full-auto pistol was too much liability (as in, rise and then blow your brains out for the inexperienced) and that was why it was in the kit.

I don't know how soon it will be before I try to attend another, but I wouldn't mind giving it another go sometime in the next few years.

We might be able to make a suppressor demo table. We have a few good cans and hosts to use now. I'll talk with Mike Saturday when I see him. I want to contact silencershop as well and see about them sending a vendor booth out from now on.

Self-healing reactive targets might work. 

We could use the target frames we had and just hang them using cheap rubber tie-downs.

2cd7fch.jpg

One of the things that did surprise me on the carbine bay was that the frames didn't take many hits.

You want a loading volunteer?
I'm a range member & I'll do it for a free ticket! I don't even want to shoot, just lemme watch!! :D

Srsly.

I'd take you up on that and even give you a little free ammo!

Self-healing reactive targets might work. 

We could use the target frames we had and just hang them using cheap rubber tie-downs.

2cd7fch.jpg

One of the things that did surprise me on the carbine bay was that the frames didn't take many hits.

Smart idea! I'll look and see if I'm a dealer for them, and if not, I'll become one :)

• Like 1

Is there ANYTHING you'd like to see us change? Do better? Adjust?

The only thing I would do is something that would help you guys out. At the  ammunition table I would set up prices as a package. Instead of say $0.50 a round for belted ammunition, I would price per belt or $25 for a 50 round belt. It could be 25 rounds a belt and sell in multiples. It would help the guy running the calculator and the guy pulling belts. The same thing could be done with loose ammo. Dixie cup with x number of 9mm for $x.