Taxing the 2nd Amendment

http://personalliberty.com/taxpayer-advocate-warns-taxes-could-kill-the-2nd-amendment/

“The Left is now seeking to tax guns out of existence,” Norquist said. “The Second Amendment makes it difficult to legally ban guns, but Hillary has led the way to explaining you can achieve the same thing with high taxes.”

Clinton has passionately endorsed the implementation of a 25 percent across the board sales tax on firearms in addition to Obama administration attempts to raise the cost to legally sell firearms to $2,500.

“Under the Obama-Clinton model, the cost of selling your best friend a $400 shotgun will be $2,900,” said Norquist."

- K

• Like 2

http://personalliberty.com/taxpayer-advocate-warns-taxes-could-kill-the-2nd-amendment/

“The Left is now seeking to tax guns out of existence,” Norquist said. “The Second Amendment makes it difficult to legally ban guns, but Hillary has led the way to explaining you can achieve the same thing with high taxes.”

Clinton has passionately endorsed the implementation of a 25 percent across the board sales tax on firearms in addition to Obama administration attempts to raise the cost to legally sell firearms to $2,500.

[b]“Under the Obama-Clinton model, the cost of selling your best friend a $400 shotgun will be $2,900,” said Norquist."[/b]

- K

That traitorous biotch will never know I sold my best friend a shotgun. What's she going to do then?

• Like 3

"What? No, I didn't sell him a shotgun. We exchanged Christmas presents. I gave him a shotgun I had that I knew he liked. He didn't know what to get me so he gave me a card with $400 in it. Yes, in fact, we DO sometimes celebrate Christmas in March."

Of course that might not work too many times. Remember, with everything he did they used taxes to put Capone in prison.
  • Like 1
We have more firearms freedoms than when Obama took office. Putting a sin tax on a constitutionally acknowledged right will not fly. Just goes to show you that just like Obama; Hillary doesn’t give a squat about your rights.
  • Like 1
I won't be falling for the banana in the tailpipe trick again. Every election cycle the gun lobby starts getting everyone worked up for an event that never happens.

These scare tactics only benefit the lobbyist and the gun industry while significantly lightning my bank account.
  • Like 6

"What? No, I didn't sell him a shotgun. We exchanged Christmas presents. I gave him a shotgun I had that I knew he liked. He didn't know what to get me so he gave me a card with $400 in it. Yes, in fact, we DO sometimes celebrate Christmas in March."

Of course that might not work too many times. Remember, with everything he did they used taxes to put Capone in prison.

Thing is, how could they possibly know? Don't ask don't tell.

Thing is, how could they possibly know? Don't ask don't tell.

"Well, obviously we will have to have a national database to keep track of all this. Now, before anyone gets too concerned, don't worry. This isn't intended to track law abiding citizens. This is simply a measure to catch law breakers who are trying to avoid paying the proper taxes."

And they will fund it all with part of the $$$ from the new tax. Yep, build a database and make us pay for it. The new tax will also provide money for jackbooted thugs...er...agents to investigate violations, enforce the regulations and, of course, seize all firearms from anyone who so much as pays $1 too little.

Will it happen? Who knows, maybe it is just a scare tactic to get more money in dues so 'gun rights' groups can give their administrators a raise. Could it happen? I think so. Edited by JAB

We have more firearms freedoms than when Obama took office. Putting a sin tax on a constitutionally acknowledged right will not fly. Just goes to show you that just like Obama; Hillary doesn’t give a squat about your rights.

Yet people still go out and vote for these morons....
  • Like 1

Someone please propose a $5000 tax on democrats. No worries, their opinions and rights won't be suppressed or infringed. It's just an excise tax on liberalism. 

In other news, the great war of independence of the Mariana Islands started 2016 over the unjust taxation of goods usually untaxed in the continental US. The event known as the Saipan Gun Party started the evening of....

• Like 2

Who do you think has this "database"?

The standard estimate, years ago people still quote today is about 350 million firearms in circulation in the U.S. I would not be surprised if the number was actually 1/2 billion today. I have had some doubts if all those NICS checks were really deleted like they are supposed to be but, even if they were not, tracking all the firearms and owners in the U.S. is a logistic impossibility. Several of mine have had several owners, without any checks. How many firearms does the TGO community own that have had a few owners before them? TGO is a micro-fraction of the entire gun community in the U.S. I would guess it would almost bankrupt a state who do have a registration to track and tax their firearms much less the majority of states that have no such registration or FOID cards. 

I really think they don't have the capability to have a complete database which would require every gun owner to fill out a government form listing all their firearms, models and serial numbers. I ain't filling out no stinkin form, they can pound sand.

• Like 1

The standard estimate, years ago people still quote today is about 350 million firearms in circulation in the U.S. I would not be surprised if the number was actually 1/2 billion today. I have had some doubts if all those NICS checks were really deleted like they are supposed to be but, even if they were not, tracking all the firearms and owners in the U.S. is a logistic impossibility. Several of mine have had several owners, without any checks. How many firearms does the TGO community own that have had a few owners before them? TGO is a micro-fraction of the entire gun community in the U.S. I would guess it would almost bankrupt a state who do have a registration to track and tax their firearms much less the majority of states that have no such registration or FOID cards. 

I really think they don't have the capability to have a complete database which would require every gun owner to fill out a government form listing all their firearms, models and serial numbers. I ain't filling out no stinkin form, they can pound sand.

That doesn't even cover people like me who moved from another state and brought some firearms with him.  I am sure the state could track who has guns and who doesn't but I doubt they could track who has what at least without some additional legislation.

Thanks

Robert 

Wouldn't shock me in the least if there is some kind of database out there.  Between the background checks, financial records of both the individual and business, our own posting on sites such as this, I'm of the mind that collecting the raw data wouldn't be difficult.  Organizing and analyzing it for a complete picture would be, but I wouldn't say a snapshot or sampling is out of the question for current technology. 

That said, this is still the government.  So, it's probably riddled with all manner of errors and nowhere near 100% accurate for what they may indeed have.  Maybe 75-80% if they used all the methods available, legal or not.  My hope is they look at that list,incomplete as it is, and realize they can only go so far in their dealings...which was the point of the 2nd Amendment to begin with.

Wouldn't shock me in the least if there is some kind of database out there.  Between the background checks, financial records of both the individual and business, our own posting on sites such as this, I'm of the mind that collecting the raw data wouldn't be difficult.  Organizing and analyzing it for a complete picture would be, but I wouldn't say a snapshot or sampling is out of the question for current technology. 

That said, this is still the government.  So, it's probably riddled with all manner of errors and nowhere near 100% accurate for what they may indeed have.  Maybe 75-80% if they used all the methods available, legal or not.  My hope is they look at that list,incomplete as it is, and realize they can only go so far in their dealings...which was the point of the 2nd Amendment to begin with.

I know a lot of people who never even talk about their guns much less post comments about them online but the guns exist. There's millions of guns out there bought way back in the 50's and 60's,70's, 80's which probably don't even have a paper trail anymore and have had several owners. I doubt if they could trace 50% of the guns. Are they fining everyone yet who hasn't bought health insurance? Are they reporting the real truth about the New York Safe Act and other registration laws in some states? My guess is that they are far more unsuccessful at enforcing these laws as they are successful. If they worked there would be no problem with illegal drugs in the U.S., there is a total ban on them. Fact is, the U.S. Government is incompetent, they would have to get every gun owner to "volunteer" all the information about all their guns and I personally have no plans of ever doing that.

• Like 1