After 25 years with the perfect woman...

Man, does that bring back a memory.  Back sometime in the mid 60’s, we had a young cook on the boat that was madly in love with a little gal back home so he got her name tattooed on his arm. I can’t remember the name so I’ll just go with Susan. Well dear Susan sent him the famous “Dear John” letter and he was heartbroken. After about a week of seeing him moping and feeling sorry for himself I decided to approach him. That night I suggested we go to town so he could get a tattoo on his other arm that said Linda. His words: “I don’t have a girlfriend named Linda”. My response was “you don’t have one named Susan either but you have the name on your arm”.

After a few minutes of him trying to flail on my body he finally saw the humor in it. It actually straightened him out and he was back to his normal self.

BTW, congratulations on the 25.
  • Like 3

I got 3 and I didn't get the first one until I was 48. A divorce will make you make you question your judgment, a second divorce will make you question your sanity. It was after the second I got the tattoos, go figure! :doh: and that's why I never thought about getting a name. :dropjaw:

congrats on 25!

Edited by crossfire

Just from the posts that you and she have made on this forum I know that:

1. Your wife seems like a nice, intelligent person

2. She has been there to support you during a lot of crap you have had to endure

3. She has her head on right when it comes to firearms

4. She is German and so probably knows how to prepare things like Sauerbraten, Weiner Schnitzel and Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte

so congratulations!

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

Trust me when I say she can COOK. Can't wait to make good on the offer to cook Jaeger Schnitzel for those that helped me out a few weeks ago. It benefits me just as much as those that helped because we do not normally cook good German food. If she did I would look like a giant bowling ball with arms and legs.

She was the one that pushed me to make my first silencer. She has been bugging me to buy a machine gun but they are now out of my reach. As soon as I announced I bought a 50 BMG her first words were "I am going to shoot it". She knows how to bumpfire and still giggles when anyone else does it.

Here is another reason why I love her so much.

https://www.facebook.com/petra.revels/videos/10206129312926669/?autoplay_reason=ugc_default_allowed&video_container_type=0&app_id=2392950137

No too many women get excited about shooting machine guns.

I would not want anyone else by my side during the best, and worst, of times.

• Like 3
I appreciate all those nice posts,but he is exaggerating.I am just a woman who thinks the world of him.It sounds mooshy but we are like joined at the hip and he is my best friend.He is by far a better person than I am.He does so much but asks so little.

As soon as all is settled with the surgery and we can function on a somewhat normal level,I will make good on the food,I promise.
  • Like 1

I appreciate all those nice posts,but he is exaggerating.I am just a woman who thinks the world of him.It sounds mooshy but we are like joined at the hip and he is my best friend.He is by far a better person than I am.He does so much but asks so little.

As soon as all is settled with the surgery and we can function on a somewhat normal level,I will make good on the food,I promise.

I assure you, from the guys point of view, no good guy will ever be better than a good woman. I try and do treat my wife with love, kindness, respect and understanding. She would probably say the same as you, but there is no way in hades I would better than my wife. :)

Congratulations!  and JAB I am totally impressed that you or anybody could spell Sauerbraten, Weiner Schnitzel and Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte, or at least I think you spelled it correctly, I sure wouldn't know.