On Target- Murfreesboro

EMB145

It seems the past few times I've gone there, someone on the staff makes it a point to come and educate me on something..

I'm done with it.  First, I was picking up MY BRASS and was tapped on the shoulder and informed that the range sells that.... Ok.

Today, I'm tapped on the shoulder and told not to make head shots as they might hit the plastic that we pin the targets too..

Their range, their rules I understand, but I think I will not renew my membership.

I might be complaining over nothing, but it just crosses me in a funny way. They can keep all the college kids and weekend Rambos as their customer base.I will find a place and shoot elsewhere.

Just ranting....

For years I frequented that range, at one point I was going 3 times a week. Over the past 2 years it's gotten worse and worse. Last time I went in they told me I had to purchase their ammunition! I thought the kid was joking, but they were in fact not. I was told I needed to purchase their PMC bronze .223 at $12 a box of 20. Screw that. My ammo was 10× the quality and I could prove with a magnet that I brought that my ammo wasn't steel (even though that bovine scatology has been disproven)

I'm done. That place is mostly run by kids anyways.
  • Like 1
I’d be curious to know if you have to buy ammo from them, I find that hard to believe unless maybe it’s just rifle ammo. There used to be a $150 deposit for the rifle lane that you lost if there was any damage to their equipment; so I never took the risk. I just go to the rifle range at Terry Walden’s place. But I can understand them not wanting steel core rifle ammo used at an indoor range.
I went there a lot when I first moved to Rutherford County but with time it got very unpleasant to go then it changed hands got better now it is back to sucking again they are high on there range fee there prices are not great on firearms and the majority of the staff don't know there tail from a hole in the ground and to think i even whent to put in a application there back in the fall talked to the manager when i dropped it off after the conversation i asked for the application back and tossed it in the trash thats just my experience and two cents

I called to ask if I could shoot a shotgun up there. They said yes...that's it, just "yes".

When I arrived they told me I couldn't shoot any of the ammo I brought and would have to buy ammo from them.

Their place, their rules, but jeez they could have told me before I drove 30 minutes and had my hopes up.

I went there a lot when I first moved to Rutherford County but with time it got very unpleasant to go then it changed hands got better now it is back to sucking again they are high on there range fee there prices are not great on firearms and the majority of the staff don't know there tail from a hole in the ground and to think i even whent to put in a application there back in the fall talked to the manager when i dropped it off after the conversation i asked for the application back and tossed it in the trash thats just my experience and two cents

Holy run-on sentences, Batman!!! :)

• Like 2

Does "gotta shoot our ammo" apply to handguns? I haven't been there in awhile, but it never did.

I was there last week and that does not apply to handgun ammo.  Applies to rifles and shotguns.  I have a yearly membership--but this will be the last year I buy it no matter how good a deal it is.  I only go at times when I know they are usually not crowded with inexperienced shooters.  Safety isn't the chief concern with many who go to shoot there now.  The one time I took my AR to shoot, both rifle lanes were broken.  I go to Walden's or OK Corral if I want to shoot rifles and shotguns.