Carry at wedding

Paris: need some input! Son is getting married (of all places downtown Memphis)! Your thoughts on carrying (concealed)! Not tell anyone including wife! Also do you know if cafe de Brazil is posted? Any info will greatly appreciated!

You have something small to pocket carry? That is what I have done before.

Had a Ruger LCP in the right front pocket of my tux pants the day I got married.

Can't help you on whether or not Cafe de Brazil is posted.

Edited by M1_Garand

As long as the location isn't posted you're fine legally.  If you'll be wearing a tux, it may or may not have an appropriate belt.  As for not telling the wife... I can imagine any sort of "scene" on her baby boy's wedding day wouldn't go over real well. 

I know some people hate 'em...but in my experience they don't understand them and therefore wear them wrong. I'm talking about a bellyband holster.

They suck as far as reholstering as they require 2 hands to do so safely. And they should be worn at, or below, the beltline...not way above it as so many interweb photos demonstrate.

I am on my 3rd or 4th bellyband and wear one in nonpermissive environments daily, have for years.

Just a suggestion for your consideration.

Congratulations and Best wishes to your son!

Here's a vid with Lenny Magill...he's quite the salesman, but at about 3:00 you can see a decent demo of correct placement. I carry appendix as well, but they work fine of strong side carry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf-59UbMOC8

• Like 2

Paris: need some input! Son is getting married (of all places downtown Memphis)! Your thoughts on carrying (concealed)! Not tell anyone including wife! Also do you know if cafe de Brazil is posted? Any info will greatly appreciated!

Double shoulder holster like Ice-T wears on Law and Order. It is Downtown Memphis after all.

• Like 1
J frame (or LCP) + belly band = :up:

As crazy as it may sound, a belly band has become my favorite method 90% of the time. I can easily conceal anything from a small 380 to a G19 in as little as gym shorts and a T-shirt. Even with jeans, my gun is independant from my pants/belt, so there is no sagging or printing. It took a little while to get used to, but I like it now. I have some really nice holsters, but they don't get as much use. I carry at about 4:00 position and low on the hips.

A j frame or something like an LCP would be completly invisible in a belly band with a tux, and it would be just as accessable as if it were in an IWB holster. Plus it keeps your undershirt tucked in :) That's how I'd roll. Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 2

I know some people hate 'em...but in my experience they don't understand them and therefore wear them wrong. I'm talking about a bellyband holster.

By "bellyband" you mean girdle right? I wondered how you stay so trim!

Seriously though, if it were my son getting married I would carry, OWB with jacket cover, my wife is cool with it.

Sounds like your wife isn't so cool with it?

If my wife wasn't down with it, I'd just make sure that I invited some of my buddies like prag, Spiffy, dmeadows, and Rickey. If the chit went down I'd just cover my wife on the floor (yeah baby yeah) and let them take care of business.

I'm sure prag would have at least one extra he could toss me if it turned into an extended gun fight.

A more likely scenario, Spiffy would confront them, DMeadows would grab them, Rickey would hit them on the head with a beer bottle, and prag would stop the bleeding.

Edit: If the Brazilian place gives you a hard time just look at them and say "Vai cargar no mato!" That's right fools, I sprechen!!

All jokes aside, I hope your family has a joyous day and your son has many happy years of marriage with lots of kids! Edited by BrasilNuts
  • Like 2
I carry. I even carried to my mom and dad's funerals. It's part of what do every morning so it comes natural. I feel naked when I have to go work at a school. I'd carry and let them deal with their hurt feelings. If I don't have it my wife wants to know what's going on.

Went to my son's wedding, preacher is anti gun but not posted. They ask him not to carry while attending church he just goes deep. Anyway when I went I open carried with a shirt on covering the gun.

He'll be in a tux and nobody has mentioned a James Bond shoulder rig?  For shame!

I have been trying to find one of those for several years in leather and not been sucessful yet. I have found every type out there but the Tuxedo version in vertical drop in....................... :confused: 

Edited by bersaguy
After action report: wedding went fine no problems at all! My observation Of downtown Memphis, people walking around (in my view) totally unaware of what is going on! (Head in the clouds,completely oblivious to what is going on around them!). End of report! Thanks for all of the suggestions!
  • Like 3

Went to my son's wedding, preacher is anti gun but not posted. They ask him not to carry while attending church he just goes deep. Anyway when I went I open carried with a shirt on covering the gun.

At the church I attend, I bet half the people are armed on any given Sunday. Nobody open carries but I have seen a bunch of prints. 

Of all the places I regularly go, I consider attending church one of the riskier places I go for mass shootings. There's getting to be all kinds of extremest that hate Christians. I'm surprised there hasn't been more church shootings and bombings.    

• Like 3

After action report: wedding went fine no problems at all! My observation Of downtown Memphis, people walking around (in my view) totally unaware of what is going on! (Head in the clouds,completely oblivious to what is going on around them!). End of report! Thanks for all of the suggestions!

I thin you might well be describing more than 1/2 the population at any given moment angler...unfortunately.

Happy to hear all went well. :up:

At the church I attend, I bet half the people are armed on any given Sunday. Nobody open carries but I have seen a bunch of prints. 

Of all the places I regularly go, I consider attending church one of the riskier places I go for mass shootings. There's getting to be all kinds of extremest that hate Christians. I'm surprised there hasn't been more church shootings and bombings.    

It's really a crying shame m16ty. It definitely reflects the perils of the times and conditions we find ourselves in. Church should be one of the safest places a person could be. But you speak the truth Sir.