gunsmith problems - Opinions on what i should do

I am out of new hampshire. I recently got a barrel and needed it threaded - i perused this forum and a few others i read reviews about: 

LRP Rifles out of Andersonville. 

I called them up talked to the owner - and he quoted me a great price, and a pretty fast turn around time (10 days) 

well i sure was happy about it. 

I sent him my barrels and my slides (one for an m&p45 and one for a 1911) along with a check for payment and return shipping.

i shipped the parts to him and spoke to him about 3 weeks ago after a lot of calling. - he said he received the  parts and it would be ready in 10 days to 2 weeks (he said he was very busy) - which i can understand. 

now its 3 weeks later, the check has yet to be deposited, my m&p45 is rendered completely inoperable - because they dont sell slides separately. 

i called him a lot it always goes straight to voicemail and it says the mailbox is full.

so many great reviews for the guy, i want to give him the benefit of the doubt - but i cant help but feel like ive lost my barrel and slide.

any suggestions on what i should do ?

Long Range Precision should not be trusted to do anything unless the work is done while you wait. He has engraved a few things for me but never again.

The ONLY way you wil get your stuff back is to go file a claim through the courts. I would send a certified letter advising him that you will be filing a small claims case against him. I would also tell him you are going to talk to the Anderson County district attorney regarding the matter. Hopeful that will prompt him to send back your stuff but if not you are probably going to have to cut your losses unless you spend thousands on attorneys.

And if you do get your parts back take it to a qualified gunsmith to see if the parts are even useable now. And verify the serial numbers you get back are actually yours.

BTW, I suspect any positive review is just him. I have not heard of anyone that has had a positive experience. I have known of at least five personal friends who Brad screwed over with shoddy work or just not doing what he said he was going to do.

He was also in some hot water with the law do the delay might be that. Last time I spoke with him he told me he lost his licensing to handle NFA stuff yet he had silencer parts all over his pig sty of a shop.

The $200 to buy a threaded barrel for your M&P probably seems cheap now.
  • Like 1

Long Range Precision should not be trusted to do anything unless the work is done while you wait. He has engraved a few things for me but never again.

The ONLY way you wil get your stuff back is to go file a claim through the courts. I would send a certified letter advising him that you will be filing a small claims case against him. I would also tell him you are going to talk to the Anderson County district attorney regarding the matter. Hopeful that will prompt him to send back your stuff but if not you are probably going to have to cut your losses unless you spend thousands on attorneys.

And if you do get your parts back take it to a qualified gunsmith to see if the parts are even useable now. And verify the serial numbers you get back are actually yours.

BTW, I suspect any positive review is just him. I have not heard of anyone that has had a positive experience. I have known of at least five personal friends who Brad screwed over with shoddy work or just not doing what he said he was going to do.

He was also in some hot water with the law do the delay might be that. Last time I spoke with him he told me he lost his licensing to handle NFA stuff yet he had silencer parts all over his pig sty of a shop.

The $200 to buy a threaded barrel for your M&P probably seems cheap now.

wow... looks like i got !@#$ed

if any of you guys are willing id be more than happy to pay someone to pick up the parts for me from him.

smith & wesson wont sell me a new slide so i cant even just go out and buy replacement parts 

this is terrible. 

i am almost inclined to hire an attorney and sue him to prevent him from doing this to others! 

whats a scummy thing to do !

Wow, that stinks. I've never heard of the company, but a search turned up a BBB complaint. This site also claims his FFL is expired http://firearm-dealers.gearsuite.com/l/19699/Richardson-Bradley-Eric

I bet with a little digging you could turn up his personal cell number or someone that knows him

i am sure i could. but what good would that do me?

my best bet is to send him a certified letter threatening legal action - then get an attorney to file a small claims action 

i may spend more than the slide is worth - but at this point i want to teach people like that to stop jerking people around. and be honest about their business.

i am sure i could. but what good would that do me?
my best bet is to send him a certified letter threatening legal action - then get an attorney to file a small claims action 
i may spend more than the slide is worth - but at this point i want to teach people like that to stop jerking people around. and be honest about their business.

Attourney letter and small claim action will definately get the job done and may be necessary. I'd go that route, too.

I think I would also try the more immediate route of getting a personal number for the guy though so I could call him often just to say, "hey buddy, where's my stuff?". Spokeo shows an additional US Cellular number and AT&T landline in addition to the Verizon Wireless business number listed. Just an idea to get n touch...
  • Like 1

I'm not taking up for Brad at All, but why in the World would you send your Gun Parts all the way to Tennessee to get a Barrel threaded and slide work done on your pistol? That in itself sounds Fishy to me, their are So Many Accomplished Gunsmith's where you are?
I would like to ask you where you read these Posts about Brad that you said convinced you to send Him your Gun Parts? I would Really like to read them, for myself??
Thanks
  • Like 1

well, my phone automatically records phone calls - so i have the entire conversation recorded. and im more than happy to upload that for you. - i intend to use this as proof of contract in my small claims case.

i also have the tracking number that shows my parcel being 2 day priority mailed from my my office in ny

brad said he would thread each barrel for 75.00 and his turn around time was 10 days to 2 weeks.

also he said he was a suppressor manufacturer and i figured - probably best to have a suppressor manufacturer thread your barrel because then you know he knows to make the threads bore-concentric so as to avoid baffle strikes. 

there are tons of "gun smiths" where i live, none manufacture suppressors that i know of.

I'm not taking up for Brad at All, but why in the World would you send your Gun Parts all the way to Tennessee to get a Barrel threaded and slide work done on your pistol? That in itself sounds Fishy to me, their are So Many Accomplished Gunsmith's where you are?
I would like to ask you where you read these Posts about Brad that you said convinced you to send Him your Gun Parts? I would Really like to read them, for myself??
Thanks

Why not? I lived in Nashville, the land of milk and honey when it comes to guitar stuff and Almost sent a Few to Pennsylvania to get Worked on by a guy out there I Know to be one of the best in the business as far as turning clunkers into beauties. There were world famous shops within spitting distance of me and had I actually gone through with the work I would have gladly driven past both to Mail them out to BCR.

Why?

I semi know the guy, he used to be an active participant on a forum I frequent, has been very generous in his time and knowledge there, and does seemingly impossible work at a very reasonable price point, PLUS he doesn't BS people, well worth the extra charge to do the work.

Now this example may be a bit specialized whereas barrel threading is a bit more generic, but if you don't know a lot of intricacies about the work being done, sometimes it makes sense to do something that seems less than sensible to those more familiar with the details of the work.

And I'm just Razzing you with my Capitalization, No offense IntenDed :P :D

so i got a text message from his phone number today - said its his wife, and that brad is in the hospital, she said give her my last name and she would check if it was shipped or in pending work. 

i don't know if hes playing some kinda game, but i sent a certified letter demanding my property back with a box with prepaid postage, and i am calling around for an attorney around knoxville to handle a small claims case for me. 

I also went through my phone archive and retrieved the recording of the phone call - where he told me the what it would cost, i agreed, he told me where to send it, and gave me specific instructions. and i said okay great thanks, ill ship it out tomorrow. 

i am sure this recording will constitute proof of a contract. - along with a print out of my call history from at&t to legitimize it.

i don't care what i have to spend a thousands, i'm gonna pin him down so he cant do this to someone else that doesn't have the resources to fight back. 

• Like 3

IANAL but isn't there a law that says if you are going to record a telephone conversation you have to inform the other person(s) before doing so?
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If he's in NY state. Only one party needs to know of the recording and that can be the person doing the recording. Per NY law this is ok even if one person is in another place. I have none idea about TN law.
And Daniel Superfly, Brad would not try to keep anyone else's property. Especially when they have his address and name. Brad is not in any legal trouble and still has his manufacturing lisence.
Daniel Superflys as bad as a girl for spreading rumors ???
DOLOMITE SUPAFLY is a stand up guy who helps many people and speaks the truth. If you are gonna troll at least get his name right. I think it's funny that you are the only person that I have ever heard say anything good about Brad or his company, and your only 2 posts are both in this thread defending him. Somehow I don't think that is by accident. Maybe you are Brad? Edited by DT INC.
  • Like 9