Change for the $20 bill

out of over 3 million, its roughly 5%  ... a handful in relativistic terms yes.

But they died at a much higher percentage than their white counterparts.  And they were paid less.  Maybe if the union had offered them equal wages and jobs other than being the first to die, more would have joined. 

What about this is so aggravating to conservatives?

Not trying to be funny, I genuinely don't understand why so many people are fired up over this.

Personally I'm tired of the PC, give this woman her own bill or coin but don't replace Jackson.
History is what it is, deal with it and quit trying to erase what has been done.

When the left finds out this woman was a strong 2nd Admend. supporter it may not happen at all.
  • Like 1

They want to put MLK on the back of the $5. Personally He was more influential IMO so maybe a new bill with MLK and Ms. Tubman on the back?

[URL=http://s779.photobucket.com/user/richarddacat/media/CggwQqlWQAEFzHt_zpsgt7kec2e.jpg.html]CggwQqlWQAEFzHt_zpsgt7kec2e.jpg[/URL]

• Like 2

If the bills are new then how is it history?

Personally, I don't give a rat's butt who's on the bill as long as it buys what I want when I want. :shrug:

Problem is, it takes too many of them to buy what I want!!

But they died at a much higher percentage than their white counterparts.  And they were paid less.  Maybe if the union had offered them equal wages and jobs other than being the first to die, more would have joined. 

Yes.   Had they had better treatment they might have had some famous general who took over texas or whatever too.  But the what-iffing isn't history.   Every one of them is a hero.   I think we have a few letters written by a few of them, and those are cool.   But again, there weren't a lot of major players in the grand scheme of "lets spend a couple of days on this person".    Tubman at least can say that much.  Douglass too -- and I'd be right behind putting Douglass on the 50 if they want to change the lineup some more because grant was possibly the second or third worst president of all time (heck of a general) in a lineup that includes obama.   

Note that Tubman joins the ranks of Franklin as one of the very, very few (including obsolete currency) non presidents.

I think they should bring back the big bills and have a few more faces.   Be cool to bust out a 100k bill when you go to buy your house, even if you only had it from taking out a mortgage :)

Edited by Jonnin

If it had to be a woman, I'm fine with Harriet Tubman.  Her role in history being minor or major is a personal opinion, nothing can discount the deeds she did, and the lives she saved.  I'd even argue that for a black woman in her time, her accomplishments are even more impressive considering what she had to overcome.

Would you rather wait 20 years and have Hillary's face on the $20?

• Like 3

They want to put MLK on the back of the $5. Personally He was more influential IMO so maybe a new bill with MLK and Ms. Tubman on the back?

CggwQqlWQAEFzHt_zpsgt7kec2e.jpg

MLK hasn't been dead long enough.    But he certainly is a contender.   I like this image. 

CggwQqlWQAEFzHt_zpsgt7kec2e.jpg

A friend sent  me this picture with this note "The new $20 - honors a gun toting, Christian, Republican black woman - I love it!"

Jim...

This is not supposed to be ready to implement until 2020. It won't survive the next president. It'll be another stupid idea dropped like a hot rock, as if it were never proposed.

According to the world news last night it's slated for a release in 2030.Although women libs want it by 2020.

A lot can happen politically in 14 years.
Trump says no to Tubman.
Expect Hitlery to exploit the race and gender card as well as the rest of the libs.

Here's another example of what I'm talking about when I say they want to keep us pissed off on purpose,

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/04/20/which_dead_white_man_should_obama_replace_on_u_s_currency.html Edited by kieefer

I suspect that the electronic readers would probably prevent this, but I think it would be super cool to do a bill series like they did with the state quarters. Perhaps with the $1 where counterfeiting them isn't worth fooling with. Maybe a series of every POTUS, then a series of significant non-POTUS citizens. Maybe have one from each state and let the states pick their person kind of like the state quarters designs. I'm sure that would create a more diverse portrait set than our current 5 dead presidents + Hamilton and Franklin and might push more people to explore different parts of the nation's history when they see a person on their $1 who they don't know anything about.

I suspect that the electronic readers would probably prevent this, but I think it would be super cool to do a bill series like they did with the state quarters. Perhaps with the $1 where counterfeiting them isn't worth fooling with. Maybe a series of every POTUS, then a series of significant non-POTUS citizens. Maybe have one from each state and let the states pick their person kind of like the state quarters designs. I'm sure that would create a more diverse portrait set than our current 5 dead presidents + Hamilton and Franklin and might push more people to explore different parts of the nation's history when they see a person on their $1 who they don't know anything about.

Really?  You want to have Obama currency???  That alone wants me to fight it tooth and nail!

Really?  You want to have Obama currency???  That alone wants me to fight it tooth and nail!

No, I don't want Obama currency, but I didn't want an Obama Presidency either. I'm not crazy about an LBJ, Woodrow Wilson*, or FDR currency either, and I can't say I'm particularly crazy about Lincoln for that matter and he got a bill and a coin. But if it was as part of a series of all Presidents, then sure. Obama is a POTUS whether we like it or not.

It looks like you may have dodged one on the $1 coin series as it appears to stop at Reagan, or maybe they've only published the list up through 2016. If so, that would mean an Obama $1 coin in 2017 or 2018. https://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/ I think this is a cool series, but it's $1 coins and I almost never see them.

*Yes, I know he's on the $100K

Edited by monkeylizard