Need info on the Current Red LIght Camera laws

vontar

I got one in Henry TN it was signed off by an officer of Henry PD. I checked on the officer to see if it was real and turned out the guy was the chief of police in Henry who was post certified. I paid it, hated to but there's nothing worse than getting pulled over and finding out some turd had your license suspended... it was cheaper to deal with it than ignore it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got a ticket about 6 weeks ago in Murfreesboro, and the Cason Ln/ HWY 96 intersection. I faxed it to my lawyer, he advised me to take it, file it away, and not pay it.

In the letter it states "Non-payment of this citation cannot adversely affect your credit score or report, driver's license, and/or automobile insurance rates" Boom

Edited by 1fast4by

I wonder if outstanding tickets like this (similar to parking tickets) would have any effect on the NICS check the next time you purchase a firearm. Wasn't there a thread in this forum where TBI rejected the background check and it turned out later that it was for unpaid parking tickets?

Yes, it may not affect your credit score, drivers license or insurance, but I wonder if it affects your ability to purchase firearms from FFLs.

On 3/21/2017 at 1:17 PM, DaveTN said:

I remember that we had a judge that said radar is merely an aid to what an Officer sees. If an Officer didn’t testify that he visually observed the vehicle and based on his experience it was speeding; the ticket was dismissed.

The radar unit certifications had to be presented (if asked for) and the Officer could be questioned about his training and procedure for calibrating the unit. Is this not done for cameras?

I got one years ago for running a red light. I generally don't even cut them close, so I instantly got my hackles up.

There was a link in there to a vid... and duh, I hadn't even come close to a full stop while turning right on red at a big intersection.

Not knowing any of this possible dirt and legal gray area at the time, I paid it -- didn't hurt so bad since I was clearly guilty.

- OS