I think Prince deserves his own thread. Respect.

Great artist that knew how to perform, and was dedicated to his craft.  His songs always kept me from changing the station when it came to radio music...which I apparently do a good bit, or so say my ex-girlfriends. 

Condolences to his family and friends.

The purple one will be missed.

Purple Rain was the soundtrack to my senior year in high school.

I have fond memories of "co-ed" activities with that album playing in the background.

It was a good year. RIP Prince.

He was a true icon. A genius. He could dance, play his ass off and sing better than most.

I can't believe he is gone.

Apparently, he was just talking about chemtrails and NWO stuff, so all the conspiracy nuts are already chiming in..

Regardless of cause, he will be missed.

I didn't know he was in to all this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Ri3Z8lQm4 Edited by JohnC

Although not a great fan, I could appreciate the talent that was Prince. And as TrickyNicky says...the man could make that guitar sit and scream.

As for the drugs and other issues, while I didn't agree with any of them personally; it all seems to go along with the gifted and greatly talented musicians.

Don't really understand it.

• Like 1

I haven't chimed in for the simple reason that I never cared for his music or for him.  Not trying to be disrespectful but his music just wasn't in my genre, not that I did not recognize him or his music, just didn't like it.  On the manner of these celebrities deaths though, I really can't drum up any sympathy for the ones that suicide (I even consider overdose the same way), or kill themselves while under the influence.  I understand many think, and they may be right, that drug addiction is a disease; but to me its a disease brought on by their own actions, its not like some cancers or hell even aids in some cases. 

I know his cause of death has not been revealed so not lumping him in there with the likes of Janis Joplin, Jim Belushi, David Carradine, or even Robin Williams whom I did like their works but also fall under the no sympathy clause; but at the same time he is just another celebrity that has passed to me.

I sometimes do feel a bit surprised by stories that come out later about some celebrities though, Prince among them, about drug use or other mental problems which they hid from the public.  I know there are many who are battling their own demons, and I wish them well, but even so, I can't feel sympathy for them when they die; I feel that they have enough money to keep themselves out of that lifestyle if they so choose.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't celebrate their passing because the same way that they didn't affect my life while they lived, their death doesn't either;  I do hope they all Rest in Peace.

The pros are still performing the autopsy, but someone on TGO already knows the cause of death. Stop the presses!

ELvis was a fat druggie, but I still appreciate the music and the talent. It's easy to separate the two.

Great artist. R.I.P. Prince!
  • Like 5

I was sorry to hear about his passing but sometimes fame and fortune will end up killing a person at a young age. As far as a guitar player, yep, I did rank him right up there with Eddie Van Halen and Jimmie Hendricks but Hendricks is and was always my favorite. I got to see him perform at the original Wood Stock along with Janice Joplin and after that all my dreams of rock n roll were fulfilled................RIP Prince

• Like 1