I think Prince deserves his own thread. Respect.

Wow..that is rather uncouth..If you don't like him,cool..he wasn't my cup of tea either but none here hold him up on a pedestal, I am sure....he was simply a good musician.Just like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Elvis, David Bowie and a host of others. It doesn't matter what he imbibed, used,shot up or snorted.That didn't affect your world  or mine..what did affect us,was his music ...Can we leave it at that? Lots of people liked him no need to be an ass about it......I could say the same thing about people who worship a deity in the sky, but I am not  so close minded to dismiss that ,because other people have faith it that.

Jimmy Hendrix and Little Wing...

Stevie Ray Vaughan an VodooChile( slight return)is pure sex....

To bad they are all gone..sad..

And a real dick thing to do is to crapp on a threat that was otherwise nice.

Edited by Oma Sourkraut
  • Like 5
Guy's...

We try to allow as much free speech as possible here at TGO.

I'm not going to call anyone out on this one, but if there is a next time, let's not get personal and start attacking each other like this again.

I'm going to take the time to edit this thread so it can stay open and on topic.
  • Like 1

I am sorry but like the threat said "Respect". And that was the whole vibe until someone comes in and posts something negative .There was no need for that. I would be upset too, if I made a threat about something that I liked and then it gets crapped on because the persons don't have enough respect and just simply post stuff like that because they can.If they don't like him,thats fine,but why post in a thread that was made by someone who wanted to merely say something nice about him?

• Like 6

Yep it's a sad internet mentality that some people would rather crap in the middle of a thread giving respect to someone who has past on than to go an post in the thread that was posted as the rant thread to the person who has past...

He was not truly my cup of tea but he dam sure had some songs that were really very good and he could flat out rock a guitar as well as many other instraments...

So here is the deal. I will not let any member of TGO crap on a thread that was meant to honor a fellow American who has died.

It has nothing to do with whether I like Prince or not. Respecting the dead is part of being a decent human being. So if you decide you want to disrespect a fellow American that has died go stand in front of the mirror and preach away, I will not allow you to have a soapbox here to do it.

Regardless of what you think or think you know about him he has worked harder than most of us here. And because of all that hard work he was not only not a drain on society, unlike a lot of Americans, but was a complete success by every definition of the word. I am sure he also inspired a lot of minority men and women with his success.

So before anyone decides to beat him up again educate yourself on what all he has done. Perhaps we can all gain a little more understanding and maybe even learn how to be as successful as this man was in our own lives.

So please, if you have nothing nice to say about the dead then say nothing at all.
  • Like 11
  • Moderators

So here is the deal. I will not let any member of TGO crap on a thread that was meant to honor a fellow American who has died.

It has nothing to do with whether I like Prince or not. Respecting the dead is part of being a decent human being. So if you decide you want to disrespect a fellow American that has died go stand in front of the mirror and preach away, I will not allow you to have a soapbox here to do it.

Regardless of what you think or think you know about him he has worked harder than most of us here. And because of all that hard work he was not only not a drain on society, unlike a lot of Americans, but was a complete success by every definition of the word. I am sure he also inspired a lot of minority men and women with his success.

So before anyone decides to beat him up again educate yourself on what all he has done. Perhaps we can all gain a little more understanding and maybe even learn how to be as successful as this man was in our own lives.

So please, if you have nothing nice to say about the dead then say nothing at all.

Perfect!
  • Like 1

Will this policy encompass Jane Fonda, Al Sharpton, and Dianne Feinstein too? ;)

- OS

• Like 5