Fools Often Run Deep

Frequent Off Road Derp

Found Off Road, Deep

Fixing Occasional Road Distractions

Failure On Reading Directions

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 1

Is it a 5.0L truck?

I'm not sure. It's an FX4. I believe a 2013. It looks to some people that it has a big suspension lift but it doesn't. The truck itself is sitting on a good size log so there is no pressure on the suspension, making it look like it's taller. Edited by glowdotGlock

I'm not sure. It's an FX4. I believe a 2013. It looks to some people that it has a big suspension lift but it doesn't. The truck itself is sitting on a good size log so there is no pressure on the suspension, making it look like it's taller.

From what I see, it most likely has a 5.0L. That would make a good motor swap for my Mustang GT. When can I pick it up? :D
  • Like 1

From what I see, it most likely has a 5.0L. That would make a good motor swap for my Mustang GT. When can I pick it up? :D

What leads you to that?  I can't see the door where the ecoboost badge would be so I can't tell if that is there.  The only other surefire way I know to tell is if the front plate bracket is in the middle or offset.  Its in the middle on 5.0 trucks and offset on the ecoboost trucks to allow better air flow to the intercooler. 

• Like 1
I'm really surprised the EPA hasn't gotten hold of this. Imagine what it could be leaking. I guess this isn't political enough for them to care.

I think someone should raise the Jolly Roger and claim it as theirs. That's pretty ridiculous.
  • Like 1

Judging by the pictures I think that this truck at one point or another was completely submerged and now no longer is for one reason or another. Where water once was there is now air and that tells me there is absolutely nothing on the truck I'd want to try and salvage namely engine, drive-line and body panels...

I'm really surprised the EPA hasn't gotten hold of this. Imagine what it could be leaking. I guess this isn't political enough for them to care.

I think someone should raise the Jolly Roger and claim it as theirs. That's pretty ridiculous.

Since you brought the EPA into the discussion, it's still amazing to me that the toxic release of the mine water by them into the river got swept under the rug as well as they were able to. The government sure has a big rug... I guess they paid off the right people with our tax money.

Have not a clue about TN, but some states have a salvage law on abandoned water craft, like Florida. If no one claims it after so long, it's abandoned, and you can legally salvage it. Wonder if it would apply to vehicles?  I'd say that Ford is definitely abandoned!

• Like 1

The second sentence in your link. 

Private individuals are NOT allowed to go through the procedure for abandoned, immobile or unattended vehicles. - See more at: https://www.tn.gov/revenue/article/abandoned-immobile-or-unattended-vehicles#sthash.wqxgAW0Q.dpuf

I've seen all kinda crazy stuff in the rivers, golf carts, dirt bikes and four wheelers, I've seen several cars. Sunken boats, you name it. I even found a Big Green Egg once... was gonna try to salvage that puppy, but it had a crack in it.
  • Like 1

What leads you to that?  I can't see the door where the ecoboost badge would be so I can't tell if that is there.  The only other surefire way I know to tell is if the front plate bracket is in the middle or offset.  Its in the middle on 5.0 trucks and offset on the ecoboost trucks to allow better air flow to the intercooler.

I Googled F150 crew cab FX4 and most were 5.0L trucks because the 13 FX4's come standard with 5.0L engines (the rest of their engines were optional). That's why I said it was "most likely" a 5.0L truck. I didn't say it was definitely a 5.0L truck. :up:

Edit: See page 21: http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=F-150&year=2013&postalCode=92618

Edited by JohnC

I Googled F150 crew cab FX4 and most were 5.0L trucks because the 13 FX4's come standard with 5.0L engines (the rest of their engines were optional). That's why I said it was "most likely" a 5.0L truck. I didn't say it was definitely a 5.0L truck. :up:

Edit: See page 21: http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=F-150&year=2013&postalCode=92618

Probably true that most built were 5.0l trucks.  But around here, almost all were ecoboost trucks.  At least the ones that I would see on the lots.  I'm not trying to argue, just curious what led you to your assumption.  

• Like 1

Probably true that most built were 5.0l trucks.  But around here, almost all were ecoboost trucks.  At least the ones that I would see on the lots.  I'm not trying to argue, just curious what led you to your assumption.

Assumption is 100% correct. No way to really know unless I swam out there to see for myself.  :love:

glowdotGlock can probably tell us if he got the vin and ran it.