Sourcing parts for a Made in USA AR Pistol

MemHeli

Hey guys, I'm putting together an AR Pistol, my first.  I've already got a lower and a barrel (7.5").  I'm looking for recommendations on the rest of the parts to completely assemble the pistol with parts made in the states.  I also am looking for best value stuff.  This is a budget build.  Any manufacturers you guys know of I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks!

Anderson Rifles has been very good to me. They're just up the road in KY.

Androcorp in Florida sells some really nice stuff at attractive prices.

I'll also second the Palmetto State Armory suggestions.

McGyver also named a fine company right here at home. Cmttac

http://www.androcorpind.com/

http://www.andersonrifles.com/

https://www.palmettostatearmory.com/

http://www.cmttac.com/

Not just U.S.A., these are all Southern boys!!!

I'll join the fray and say...hard to beat PSA if you shop the sales. I put a pistol together for just over $300.00 from PSA deals.

That's kind of my goal but I"m having a hard time getting there for less than $400.  And that's at 50 for a lower.

I also frequent Primary Arms and AIM Surplus. Like PSA, you can find deals if you have time to wait for a holiday sale. I have seen a decent price from time to time at JoeBob Outfitters too.

Best of luck, $400 is hard to hit without buying Chinese knockoff parts on eBay, LOL. Then again, at least you're skipping the stock :D

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone.  As an update, I've got some upper pieces from diamond back coming...and an aerotrend upper (splurged!)  Now I need a lower parts kit, pistol tube, charging handle, sights and grip.  My research indicated that Magpul is American made so I'm looking at the MOE K2 grip.  Supposed to be closer to vertical and better for shorter weapons so it seems like a good fit for this build.  

The pistol tube and charging handle are next.  Ambi charging handles are crazy priced!  I actually gave away a pistol tube a few months ago because I thought I'd never build one... :wall:   it wasn't padded though, and I think I want a padded one.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Phase 5 pistol buffer tube and trigger guard.  Now all I have left are LPK and sights...and some kind of sling attach point.  No way I'm going to be under 400$, but all will be made in USA!

My biggest issue with budget build shopping with several vendors is in no time at all you have 100 bucks built up in shipping charges.

that is SO true...so, me and another nerd at work started a spreadsheet that we share on Google Docs. It has multiple rows for each vendor and multiple columns for each part. We keep it updated when sales come up so that we can tell with only a few keystrokes what the cheapest build we can make would be.

We got the columns and rows to total up with shipping using formulas that account for combined shipping...because, like I already said, we're nerds.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On May 11, 2016 at 9:17 AM, SmokyBaer said:

My biggest issue with budget build shopping with several vendors is in no time at all you have 100 bucks built up in shipping charges.

Yes I've had to be careful with this.  Now that I'm down to the last bits it will be more difficult.  I did get free shipping on the Diamond Back parts.  

Can anyone point me to a Lower Parts Kit in Olive Drab Green?  I've not been able to find one as of yet.  To clarify, I'm looking for ODG controls...not just grip.

Edited by MemHeli