TN Lifetime HCP Now $200

I'm 62, with a heart condition that has my heart operating at 25%. Although they generously dropped the initial license fee from $115, down to $100 (how very noble of them), being on disability makes it hard to afford the $100, much less, a $200 LT license when I may never make it to the first renewal fee. Not trying to be a downer bit I am a realist. Thank God, we have constitutional carry before the state legislation now. Hope it passes. Should know soon. (Yeah, right)

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Welcome to TGO....I'm truly sorry for your heart condition sir. I see you served our nation in the military and as a policeman. Thank you for your service in both capacities. I'm hoping and praying for you sir. 

• Like 1
Welcome to TGO....I'm truly sorry for your heart condition sir. I see you served our nation in the military and as a policeman. Thank you for your service in both capacities. I'm hoping and praying for you sir. 

I appreciate the kind words but if my profile shows military & LEO service, it was put there by mistake or by someone else. I wanted to serve but was classified 4F cause of one functioning kidney. My younger brother's a LEO in the Knox County Sheriff Department (Captain) but I couldn't medically qualify.
I'm grateful I've made it this long & bad habits were ended too late to do any good...but I plan on sliding into the grave saying it was one helluva ride! [emoji4]

Wayne

• Like 1

I appreciate the kind words but if my profile shows military & LEO service, it was put there by mistake or by someone else. I wanted to serve but was classified 4F cause of one functioning kidney. My younger brother's a LEO in the Knox County Sheriff Department (Captain) but I couldn't medically qualify.
I'm grateful I've made it this long & bad habits were ended too late to do any good...but I plan on sliding into the grave saying it was one helluva ride! emoji4.png

Wayne

My bad.....sorry. Welcome to TGO anyway!

• Like 1

Price

Friday, January 20, 2017 | 8:08am

Renewal Fee Drops from $500 to $200

NASHVILLE – Tennessee citizens with a valid handgun carry permit now have the option to upgrade to a lifetime permit for a lower cost.  In 2016, the 109th General Assembly lowered the renewal fee on lifetime handgun carry permits from $500 to $200.  The new fee for an original permit is now $100, and the permit is now issued for eight years.

If you currently have a permit with an expiration date, and would like to upgrade to a lifetime permit, you can now pick up an application at any driver services center and pay the $200 upgrade fee at any time.  Handgun carry permits are processed at any full service driver services center.  If you’re applying for the lifetime carry permit without first obtaining an original handgun carry permit, the fee will be $300.

For more information on handgun carry permits, visit our website, http://tn.gov/safety/article/handgunmain.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security’s (www.TN.Gov/safety) mission is to serve, secure, and protect the people of Tennessee.

###

- See more at: http://tn.gov/safety/news/48121#sthash.XjGk7sQc.dpuf

Randall, I think you can get a duplicate for $5.  Easier to have a dup as a spare rather than to replace a lost one is my understanding.

Randall, I think you can get a duplicate for $5.  Easier to have a dup as a spare rather than to replace a lost one is my understanding.

I tried to get a duplicate at the same time that I got my intitial permit and they said you can't do that...you have to get a permit first then come back and order a duplicate. So a couple of years after getting my initial permit I went back to order a duplicate and they looked at me like I had horns growing out of my head...they said you can't get a duplicate permit, only a replacement if you lose it...several workers behind the counter nodded in agreement. 

I tried to get a duplicate at the same time that I got my intitial permit and they said you can't do that...you have to get a permit first then come back and order a duplicate. So a couple of years after getting my initial permit I went back to order a duplicate and they looked at me like I had horns growing out of my head...they said you can't get a duplicate permit, only a replacement if you lose it...several workers behind the counter nodded in agreement. 

Just seems no rhyme or reason to it. Last time I did renewal by mail, option to get a dupe was included.

- OS

Mine expires in April. I plan to buy a lifetime replacement. My problem is, I have a new house being built in Lenoir City right now. Expected completion date is about 6 months. Do I renew at my current address and change the address in 6 months or do I put up a mailbox at my new address and have my new permit arrive there?

One thing I've wondered, IF...& that's a big one...TN passes Constitutional Carry, will the permit fees be refunded, within a reasonable time frame, as in Eray's case? I know it's rhetorical but I had to ask.

Wayne

11 minutes ago, bpx4st said:

One thing I've wondered, IF...& that's a big one...TN passes Constitutional Carry, will the permit fees be refunded, within a reasonable time frame, as in Eray's case? I know it's rhetorical but I had to ask.

Wayne

If it does pass would other states honor reciprocal carry without the permit?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...