All I want for Christmas is...

A good bolt gun in 300 blk that takes standard AR mags. Why? Because...

I looked at the ruger scout in 223 thinking I might re-barrel it but I don't like the magazine. I thought the same thing about the Mossberg MVP but I'm not too sure about the bolt design.

I want a bolt action to see just how quiet I can get with the 300. And, I prefer detachable magazine weapons in general so...

Now that I've put this out there I'm sure you guys will find me 100 solutions but so far I haven't found anything.

Oh, while I'm wishing, I read about a 12 gauge upper that was designed to work on an AR-10 lower. Only problem was it used proprietary ammo. It looks like they went out of business after a couple of years. That thought was prompted by PSA having the DDI-12 on sale this weekend. I ALMOST pulled the trigger but decided to see if PSA could sell a bunch of them. If they do there will be a bunch of reviews out soon. There were only a couple I could find online and they were mostly from when the guns first came out. Lot's of teething issues but it seems DDI is taking more care with quality control so maybe they are getting things headed in the right direction...

Mark

How about a Remington 700 AAC in .300 Blackout and add a PTG AR15 magwell to the factory stock? Maybe kinda expensive but does meet your criteria...
http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/remington-700-detachable-mag-bottom-metal-dbm/9404-remington-700-short-short-action-sa-stealth-detach-mag-bottom-metal-for-ar-15-magazines-223-556.html

That's getting close. I will email those folks to ask a few questions... thanks
  • Like 1

Easy answer :) side charging upper with adjustable gas block shut off. Stick it on one of these lowers and your done :)
http://www.midwestgunworks.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SCR-LWR-MC&Store_Code=mgwi
Side charger upper
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spartan_Side_Charge_Non_Reciprocating_Billet_Upper_p/jb-non-recip-upper.htm

WHAAAT!?! You may have just elevated the severity of my EBRD. :sick:

:rock: Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1