Hello everyone! New to Arlington, TN and to the forums

Hello everyone,

I am new to Tennessee and to the forums. I have been having a hard time signing up. Took me 3 weeks to figure it out. My original signup try was a failure. somehow it locked up with my main email and I have been trying to finish the registration using that same email. Getting nowhere, I resorted to my seconday email address.

Anyways, We are from Connecticut and have come down to Tennessee bback in February for work opportunity, less taxes , cheaper costs of living, free of ridiculous gun laws, and to live a better life. We are living in Arlington just outside of Memphis.

I still getting acquainted with local shops but the search results online are not helping. It seems shop that have been online have relocated or closed. I have found a few down in Memphis. guns and ammo on Summer seems to be my favorite so far.

Anyways.... hello and thank for listening!

Chris in Tennessee

Edited by ChrisinTennessee
Welcome!

We do have several gun shops here. The 4 I can name off my head are Guns & Ammo, Classic Arms, Fair Arms, and Range USA. There is also Medic Arms but I've never been there personally. Guns & Ammo is our oldest and is well established. Classic Arms is my favorite hang out FFL. They are very friendly. I go there often just to shoot the breeze. Range USA is our indoor pistol range. They have a cafe inside and is a great place to go for pistol shooting. Fair Arms is our NFA shop. There is a new one called Richard's Arms or something, but I have not been there yet. There is a outdoor gun range/club called Midsouth Sports Shooters Association or MSSA. It's a membership range, but has all the ranges at all the various distances you can imagine. Thry also have cowboy action and skeet ranges.

You've come to the right forum! I'm new to the forum, but in my short time, it has been a great resource.

Glad you were able to join us here on the forum and in the free states! Glad to have you! Edited by Mindless-Focus
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Welcome!  Sorry to hear that signing up was difficult.  Email has been giving me fits lately and TGO suddenly stopped sending them out last week.  Still working on that.

That said, I am glad you persevered and joined us!   :)

• Like 1

Welcome!

We do have several gun shops here. The 4 I can name off my head are Guns & Ammo, Classic Arms, Fair Arms, and Range USA. There is also Medic Arms but I've never been there personally. Guns & Ammo is our oldest and is well established. Classic Arms is my favorite hang out FFL. They are very friendly. I go there often just to shoot the breeze. Range USA is our indoor pistol range. They have a cafe inside and is a great place to go for pistol shooting. Fair Arms is our NFA shop. There is a new one called Richard's Arms or something, but I have not been there yet. There is a outdoor gun range/club called Midsouth Sports Shooters Association or MSSA. It's a membership range, but has all the ranges at all the various distances you can imagine. Thry also have cowboy action and skeet ranges.

You've come to the right forum! I'm new to the forum, but in my short time, it has been a great resource.

Glad you were able to join us here on the forum and in the free states! Glad to have you!

*******Not that it matters Fair Arms is reversed and is Arms Fair.   Classic Arms has NFA items also.  Just ask Chance or Greg and they will help you with and Items you want.  They just don't stock much in the store.   Welcome to TGO and West TN. ******

Edited by Luap
  • Like 1

I stand corrected. Personally, I do really like Classic. Just feels more homey. I'm biased. It's my favorite shop.

I suspect most locals feel the same way.  And don't forget about Bass Pro.  They have two stores in the Memphis Area.  Also have good selection of reload supplies and Ammo.  Also Academy Sports.  They are now stocking a few powders and other reload stuff.  Another to add to your list is Avery Outdoors.  Very large supply of Duck hunting items, bows and accessory's and large collection of reloading supplies.  They do huge internet-mail order business on the Duck and bow items.   Another location is Keith Warner Gunsmith Inc and Gun Shop 6655 Poplar Ave #101 which is corner of Kirby and Poplar.  And the best NFA suppliers and other cool stuff is Accurate Law Enforcement located a couple blocks east of Guns and Ammo on Summer.  They are only open week days.    I haven't been able to go but there is a range and Gun store in Millington by the name of top-brass.  I can't comment on what they have but they do have web site.

Luap

Edited by Luap
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...