Wish me luck

In about six hours I will be getting admitted for surgery. December 7th, in the midst of my world crumbling down around me, I gave myself an inguinal hernia when I kicked a grill into the next county. I have been dealing with it since then.

Doctor said it feels like both sides are affected and that I will be laid up for about a month.

I will update when I can.
  • Like 1

YIKES!  I've had one side not both.  2 days after the surgery I felt likeI had been shanked with a rusty shiv.  When they tell you rest, rest..  My meds made me feel like I could get going sooner than I should.

Get well soon!!  Prayers.....

My prayers for you both. DO what the docs tell you for recovery.

An old boss of mine had the same surgery. A week after, he was back in the office being superman, telling us how easy it was and how good he felt.

Two weeks later, he had it done again. The recovery was far longer and much more painful for him.

But you won't do things like that...will you?

Seriously buddy. Take the advice given and rest. We'll be praying and awaiting your return.

Best wishes and get well. I have a friend that had this surgery and he had to go easy for 3 weeks,but is right as rain now.

We will keep you in our thoughts & prayers.

Yep, many years ago my dad had a strangulated hernia repaired with some synthetic mesh, was back up and going strong after a couple of weeks and never had any problems after that. Best wishes D_s.

Ouch! That's a pretty strightforward surgery that will lay you up for about a month, just like the doctor advised you. I have a BIL who went through the same surgery a year or two ago. He had multiple hernias and was pretty uncomfortable until he'd healed up afterwards. Do what the doctor tells you and heal up w/o complications.

I had that surgery about 6 years ago.  Mental fog for the first 24 hrs while purging the anesthesia from my system, then it just hurt.  The painkillers they gave me made me itchy and miserable, once I switch to ibuprofen I started feeling better. 

The staples were probably the worst part.  Mine got irritated and very sensitive after about a week.  I told the doc during my first post-op visit that if he didn't take them out, I was going to.  He removed about half of them and replaced them with the stickiest tape I've ever seen.  The rest came out the next week and I was much more comfortable. 

The best part was the doc's interns.  He had several students that sat thru the various exams and surgery.  One girl (who looked to be maybe 19, and was fairly cute :dirty:  ) was terribly embarrassed when the doc was checking out the incision and staples.  It was hard not to just bust up laughing at the look on her face. 

I had very little bruising and  was sore for several weeks and had to take it easy for a couple months, but was fine after that.  One thing I learned.... it's really hard to wipe your arse when you can't bend one of your hip joints.  :D