Bragging on 30 years! The "Right One!"

As it seems divorce is a national trend these days I guess I beat the odds.

There was a day in my life I will always cherish. I was at the Naval Base near Chicago, cold, snowy, blustery windy day. I was headed back to post when this very cute girl stopped me to ask directions. I gave her directions and cautioned her on the not so good area we were in. I then followed her to the store. She was cute, very cute. I got her room number so we could meet later. 

I remembered the room number but not the barracks number. So as I was smitten with her I checked every barracks in the area until I found the right one. Key words there are the “Right one”.
We dated for a while then I was so smitten I asked her to 
share my life permanently. She said “Yes”!

That was 30 years ago today on May10th, 1986. Since then we have had ups and downs. She has put up with more than she should have. She has raised 3 great children and we have 2 grandkids! On this anniversary I wish to express my love for the ”Right one”. 

So maybe this is not as romantic as others have been able to express but I am alas, not a poet. Just a husband that is very proud of his wife. 

She has been my light and love for 30 years. I find that so hard to believe as it seems like yesterday.

Happy Anniversary Jean! I love you as much today as the first frosty day we meant. I will cherish you always!

And to top it off my lovely bride like's guns!

• Like 13

Very cool! You are right, the trend is disposable marriages. I met my wife in High School, she had nothing to do with me. I joined the Navy and ran into her a few years later when I was home on leave. We went out once, she didn't want another date. 10 years later I was stationed in San Diego and she called to say that she was coming out for a conference. We hung out for a week and she left. Still wanted nothing to do with me. Five years later she called me out of the blue. She didn't run away that time. I didn't win her over, but I sure wore her butt down! :) We have been married for 13 years in Sept. So congrats to you and yours!

Congrats! My father told me that anything in your life worth having will not come cheap nor be easy. Marriage is no exception. My wife and I are trying our hardest. We've been together for 11 years. We've been married for 6. The biggest lesson I've learned is that communication is key!