ORSA Members: Group Buy for Reloading Components?

Hey Ya'll. I did a search and didn't find anything on the first page, so I apologize if this has been covered before.

I'm interested in two things:

1) Are there members on this forum who are also members at ORSA in Oak Ridge?

I'm new to Oak Ridge and will be submitting my membership to ORSA in the next week or two. I'll be glad to meet anyone to shoot pistols, rifles, or shotguns. I know there should be a range tour for me but in case it isn't thorough enough, I'd be glad to learn the ropes from anyone who's familiar with the facility.

I'm also interested in getting my feet wet in F T/R competition. I live about a mile and a half from ORSA. Any pointers or coat tails to ride would be appreciated.

2) If any hand loaders in the Oak Ridge/Knoxville area would like to do a group buy on Powder Valley for components, I'd be happy to participate or facilitate the transaction. Powder Valley has great prices, even more so when we get to split the HAZMAT fee.

Thanks.

Grunt

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Grunt, I'm a member at ORSA and live about 15 minutes away. I'd be happy to meet you up there one day and show you around. It's truly the best deal around for the cost.

I also do a good bit of hand loading and am close to needing some H1000 and some primers. When are you looking to place an order?

Hello Grunt,

Welcome to the area.

Also an ORSA member, happy to take you out there as well. It's a very nice club.

Got a new batch of reloads I just made, if you want to go this weekend, give me a PM! We can shoot pistols on the plinking range, rifle's on a the steel or 200yd. range, or take shotgun's out for skeet and trap. I'm not experienced with either 'game', but like watching the little clay frisbee's go 'pooof!' :D

- Kevin

Major Kong, thanks for the response. Sounds good! You free this weekend? I load 9mm, .223, and .308. I'm technically good right now on SP and SR primers, and I have enough pistol powder for about 1,500 rounds. I have 100 .223 rounds loaded, and maybe enough powder for another 150 rounds. What I wanted to is get an 8lb jug of a good .308 powder like IMR 4064 or similar and some LR primers. I'm thinking I'd like to get the order placed in 6 to 8 weeks. This will give me time to get a couple more paychecks (just started a job here in Oak Ridge last Thursday, and it'll a few more guys a chance to get in on this. Sound good?

Reefer Mac, let's do it! I have an unopened box of 90 clay pigeons, paper targets, spotting scope, etc. I do need to do rezero my .308 and AR 15s. Pm on the way.

3 hours ago, Grunt81 said:

Major Kong, thanks for the response. Sounds good! You free this weekend? I load 9mm, .223, and .308. I'm technically good right now on SP and SR primers, and I have enough pistol powder for about 1,500 rounds. I have 100 .223 rounds loaded, and maybe enough powder for another 150 rounds. What I wanted to is get an 8lb jug of a good .308 powder like IMR 4064 or similar and some LR primers. I'm thinking I'd like to get the order placed in 6 to 8 weeks. This will give me time to get a couple more paychecks (just started a job here in Oak Ridge last Thursday, and it'll a few more guys a chance to get in on this. Sound good?

Not sure how this weekend looks for me. If I can make it work I'll send you a message.

I picked up 1k primers at Proneshooter today so I'm good on those for a while but didn't get any powder.