We're Back!!! Upgrade to IPBoard 4 complete!

30 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I'm checking on why some of you are having to reset your passwords.  More to come on that!

Also checking on how to make your mobile device use the full site rather than the Minimalist Layout that it delivers to mobile devices.

One clue might be if one has ever changed display name?

I was originally signed up as "OhShoot" but changed to the two word "Oh Shoot" some years back, but with previous software iterations, still had to use the original "OhShoot" as the login name, but new software wants the actual screen name currently shown, ie "Oh Shoot" with the space (caps still don't seem to matter).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
Just now, TGO David said:

@Oh Shoot - Thanks!  I am passing that along to the support team.

I think that is probably why I had to reset.  I tried my password combination with both names.  

It will take a little getting used to, but I like the new "look and feel" so far.  

1 hour ago, Omega said:

You should be able to request the desktop site, on chrome in the upper right there are three dots to get you a screen which has that on it.  Some sites (old one) had it at the very bottom of the screen, both do the same thing.

Ive tried that to request desktop several times but it doesn't work.

39 minutes ago, Mindless-Focus said:

iPhone safari

21 minutes ago, Bad_Bowtie said:

Ive tried that to request desktop several times but it doesn't work.

Ok, I see what you guys are saying.  I was looking at the site on my PC and tablet and they are real close in appearance so I figured it had set it to desktop view on my tablet and phone.  The old site was real generic in mobile view, this one is actually viewable that way. 

David:

I did notice one thing:  On the page ..../forums,  it has the non-benefactor warning as if you are in the classified section even though all you are doing is looking at the forum headings.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Omega said:

David:

I did notice one thing:  On the page ..../forums,  it has the non-benefactor warning as if you are in the classified section even though all you are doing is looking at the forum headings.

Thanks - that should be corrected now.  Let me know if it's not?

Actually it's supposed to be like that.  Sorry.  That warning is not specific to the Trading Post.

2 hours ago, Omega said:

So far not too bad, the "remember me" button doesn't seem to respond right now but that may be on my end, some processes are blocked by the firewall such as java.

Same here, the "remember me" box is checked but I had to log in again.  But I didn't have to reset my password again.   And I've never changed my screen name.  Not a big deal, as like OS, it let me reset it to what it was before. 

Edited by peejman
6 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Thanks - that should be corrected now.  Let me know if it's not?

Actually it's supposed to be like that.  Sorry.  That warning is not specific to the Trading Post.

5 minutes ago, TripleDigitRide said:

@Omega - Where? I'm not seeing it on my end.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/

David: not the one that says "Get More. Do More. " the one that says "PLEASE READ!

You are viewing the TGO Trading Post" 

BTW, do you want to list glitches here or on the support page?  I have a couple other items. 

1 hour ago, Grand Torino said:

Well this is going to take some getting used to.  :lol:Let's see what this 'Choose files" does....

Christmas knives17.jpg

Well that's handy.

So, images are going to be allowed to be stored on TGO site after all?

- OS

2 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

- OS

David commented on this before the upgrade, he said no; only in the trading post.  Maybe he hasn't got to this setting yet.

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor
6 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

- OS

I don't think so. This was an image stored in my computer. I just clicked on the option, selected an image and it asked me if I wanted to include it in my post. I said yes a bingo...there it was.

1 minute ago, Grand Torino said:

I don't think so. This was an image stored in my computer. I just clicked on the option, selected an image and it asked me if I wanted to include it in my post. I said yes a bingo...there it was.

It uploaded your image to your upload folder on TGO, URL of image is:

www.tngunowners.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2016_05/57362dffb3b8e_Christmasknives17.thumb.jpg.27ee6aa5c9380ad1082a4f559d6a7338.jpg