Ok, I admit it...

Yea, big upgrade to the mobile interface, I like.

Definitely like this upgrade, a much better way to view "unread" and the editor seems to work real well.  I did lose a post though, I posted submit and it just went into the mist.  But it may be the background processes or something.

1 hour ago, TrickyNicky said:

I like the changes thus far. 

Sooooo much easier browsing on a mobile device than before. I'll wait until I'm home tonight to really dig into all of it, but so far so good! :up:

+1. Mobile is much easier to use now.

Ok, I must be missing something. This mobile format seems so clunky compared to Tapatalk to me. It was so easy to find stuff for me before. If I back out of a thread that was in my unread I could go right back to it, but with this it disappears immediately from the unread. If I now want to back out of a multiple page thread I have to back out of however many pages it is to get back to the thread list. Just 1 back button push with Tapatalk. I have just set a shortcut to the page on my phone screen using Chrome as the browser, is this what everybody is doing? Like I said, I must be missing something if you all like it so much better than Tapatalk. Honestly, help me out here, I want to like the new format, but I just don't.

I think the mobile version isn't necessary better than the prior one.  Maybe it's just my phone, but it I'm not seeing the obvious improvement most of you are.  To me, the upgrade is a wash in this area. 

Tapatalk would be nice, but if we don't get it back, I think we'll be okay.  TGODavid has probably had his fill with it, as it's a pain in the ass from his side of the admin panel.  Though, I will admit to some dismay at not being able to continue my running gag on OhShoot for that time he tried to chide us into turning off our Tapatalk signatures...but it'll just make me find a new way to mess with him. ;)

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, otnman said:

Ok, I must be missing something. This mobile format seems so clunky compared to Tapatalk to me. It was so easy to find stuff for me before. If I back out of a thread that was in my unread I could go right back to it, but with this it disappears immediately from the unread. If I now want to back out of a multiple page thread I have to back out of however many pages it is to get back to the thread list. Just 1 back button push with Tapatalk. I have just set a shortcut to the page on my phone screen using Chrome as the browser, is this what everybody is doing? Like I said, I must be missing something if you all like it so much better than Tapatalk. Honestly, help me out here, I want to like the new format, but I just don't.

It will take some getting used to but the features are there.  If you look at the bottom left, you can go to the topic heading, so if you are looking at say classifieds you can go to those listings.  On the bottom right, you can go to the unread list.  If you use the back arrow, the now read post is gone, but if you go forward, you can go back to it unless you clicked on another post.  The best thing to do is explore, click on stuff in until you get used to it.

2 hours ago, Omega said:

It will take some getting used to but the features are there.  If you look at the bottom left, you can go to the topic heading, so if you are looking at say classifieds you can go to those listings.  On the bottom right, you can go to the unread list.  If you use the back arrow, the now read post is gone, but if you go forward, you can go back to it unless you clicked on another post.  The best thing to do is explore, click on stuff in until you get used to it.

Is There A Setting To Go To the First Unread Post In A Thread? If so I cant find it. It's a little tiresome to scroll through all the posts I have already read. And I don't know why it capitalized all the first letters of words in my fist sentence of this post, that was weird.

4 hours ago, otnman said:

Is There A Setting To Go To the First Unread Post In A Thread? If so I cant find it. It's a little tiresome to scroll through all the posts I have already read. And I don't know why it capitalized all the first letters of words in my fist sentence of this post, that was weird.

Click on the little dot next to the thread title.

There are a couple of things I'm loving so far:

When I read a post and go back to the forum, I immediately see that post as marked read. On the old software I had to hit refresh, or leave that forum and click back into it to see the posts as marked read. 

I really like being able to hover over a thread and get the popup for the first or last post of the thread. The old software had that ability too, but I felt it was clunkier.

I also like the paragraph spacing when you hit enter. Used to have to hit enter twice to get any real definition between paragraphs.

• Like 1