Upgrade Quirks

Here are a couple of quirks to chase down when you guys get the chance:

Internet Explorer v11.0.30:  The Bell and Envelope Icon on the top right as well as the + and drop down on the "create" link are missing.  The popup help/heading shows up when you hover over them but its blank otherwise. Does show up in Chrome on tablet and phone.

Internet Explorer v11.0.30:  The square selection box does not show a checkmark when you select it, it does have a slight glow to it though.  The round ones do show the dot as well as glow.  Due to the glow, it may be selected but there is no indication of it.  This is not an issue on my tablet or phone (Chrome), not sure about the PC version.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Grand Torino said:

Not so much a quirk but a question. Are other other skins available or is it what you see is what you get?

Right now this is it.  I'm really not sure I want the administrative overhead of keeping multiple themes in sync with each other, but I am testing some that might eventually replace the one we're all using right now.

• Authorized Vendor
24 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Right now this is it.  I'm really not sure I want the administrative overhead of keeping multiple themes in sync with each other, but I am testing some that might eventually replace the one we're all using right now.

Cool...just asking.

It may be a setting I can set on my account, or something that will self resolve once all of the indexing is complete, but from the mobile version when I click on a thread it no longer goes to the first unread message. The thread opens at the top of the first page, or top of whatever page number is selected. Previously it would jump to the first unread message.

Other than that, all good so far and being able to see location in the mobile user profile is a big win!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I'm up and running. Just required the obligatory pw reset.. Looks pretty good and most things are functional. Nothing particularly scary about this flavor of the software.

Same thing here also-password reset and now good to go.I guess this would qualify as a quirk

• Like 1

I have a new quirk. My screen locked up as I was away for a while. I attribute this to Windows 10. It's been crazy for the last 2 weeks.

But when I restarted and tried to log in again, I had the dreaded password reset notice again. So I did. Using the same one as before.

Think it's W10? Or will I have to go thru the password reset each time?

I think I'll closed down and see what happens.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jonathon1289 said:

It may be a setting I can set on my account, or something that will self resolve once all of the indexing is complete, but from the mobile version when I click on a thread it no longer goes to the first unread message. The thread opens at the top of the first page, or top of whatever page number is selected. Previously it would jump to the first unread message.

Other than that, all good so far and being able to see location in the mobile user profile is a big win!

If you click on the thread title it opens at the top of the first page. If you click on the dot to the left of the title it will take you to the first unread post. 

• Like 2

Is it possible to mark a thread as read right from the listing of topics with new content? The old software allowed for that, and I used it all the time. (preview first and last new reply, not interested, marked thread as read).

• Administrator

Tapatalk caused me significant problems last night during the upgrade, required a "Critical" ticket be opened with Invision to work through the issue, and kept me online until shortly before 1:00AM as a result.

So... yeah... I am pretty opposed to installing it again.

37 minutes ago, otnman said:

Say it ain't so...I love tapatalk...so quick and easy to browse...

32 minutes ago, TripleDigitRide said:

It's still early, but so far I'm liking it more than TT. 

PLEASE bring back TT.    Still prefer TT over the mobile IMO.   

• Like 5