Upgrade Quirks

I noticed quoted posts in other threads are not showing up correctly. In general chat, some threads the quoted text is just indented, not enclosed in a shaded box. This thread here in support looks good, tho.

I noticed all posts were marked read for me around the time of the upgrade. It had been a week since I logged on, and only posts from the last day or so are unread.

One cool thing I like, when I read a thread and use my back button to get to the forum, that thread I just read has been marked read. They were always marked read, but didn't show up as read until I refreshed my browser. 

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Not a huge deal, but the automatic placing of a space after a paragraph is annoying.  Kind of how MS Word started doing it when they rolled out Office2010. 

I can't control that.  It's part of the editor.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, analog_kidd said:

I noticed quoted posts in other threads are not showing up correctly. In general chat, some threads the quoted text is just indented, not enclosed in a shaded box. This thread here in support looks good, tho.

I noticed all posts were marked read for me around the time of the upgrade. It had been a week since I logged on, and only posts from the last day or so are unread.

Software Upgrade Underway

On Thursday, May 12th we upgraded our forum software to the latest IPBoard.  What you are seeing right now is the new software. For the first 72 hours or so (until Sunday May 15th we're guessing) some features will not be immediately available, including:

• Search Feature / New Content Search.
  • Old posts and private messages will appear oddly formatted.  Please do not attempt to edit them.
  • Advertising by our Vendors will not be displayed immediately.

Your patience as the upgrade process continues is greatly appreciated!  Please use the Feedback and Support forum to report any bugs, other than the things mentioned above, that you encounter.

^^^ That is at the top of literally every page right now.   :)

Here's a GOOD thing:

Pasting (with or without formatting) no longer changes (b) into that emoticon face  or (c) into the copyright symbol due to the whatchamacalit code default from previous version.  Always a hassle when doing laws from TCA or whatever.

One BAD thing though:

Unless I'm missing it, no way to preview the post before sending?

- OS

37 minutes ago, Lumber_Jack said:

@TGO David I certainly don't want to cost you any more grief than necessary and if Tapatalk won't work, that's fine, but I still prefer it over any mobile skin.  Just my 2 cents.  

I agree with @Raoul if there is a way to tone down the super white, that'd be good.  

I agree.  I guess it isn't the end of the world, but i would also prefer tapatalk. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lumber_Jack said:

@TGO David I certainly don't want to cost you any more grief than necessary and if Tapatalk won't work, that's fine, but I still prefer it over any mobile skin.  Just my 2 cents.  

I agree with @Raoul if there is a way to tone down the super white, that'd be good.  

I also agree. Being able to post pics straight from your phone was a huge benefit of tapatalk. 

You can upload straight from a phone, see....

image.jpeg

Can also pinch/zoom photos which you couldn't do with prior mobile version.  

Can also do emoji without having to know the code. Sweet!  :no1:

Edited by peejman
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Caster said:

One thing I DO NOT like is being forced to receive email notifications every time I get a message or for any other reason.  I tried to change it but it says toggle disabled by admin.  

I'll take the complaint as a request to look into why it's happening.

Geez dude, you're kinda bitter lately.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Caster said:

One thing I DO NOT like is being forced to receive email notifications every time I get a message or for any other reason.  I tried to change it but it says toggle disabled by admin.  

2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I'll take the complaint as a request to look into why it's happening.

Geez dude, you're kinda bitter lately.

You all should have the ability to change that preference now.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

I cant seem to find the "client area" on my profile to upgrade my membership . How do I go about that ?

It's moved with IPB4.  Look in the "Store" link at the top of the page, "Manage Purchases".

On May 14, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Chucktshoes said:

If you click on the thread title it opens at the top of the first page. If you click on the dot to the left of the title it will take you to the first unread post. 

The little blue button that takes you to the first unread post sure is in close proximity to the Avater and thread tiltle.  I've hit the avatar or gone to the top of the thread several times.