Let's Help Each Other Out

Hey Guys...

I been thinkin' (yea, words you probably don't want to hear) but with ammo being in short and expensive supply, and all component prices being pretty high, I was thinking of at least one thing we could do to help each other out.

Save and scrounge up all your brass (and maybe the brass that's just "laying around" :rolleyes: at the range when you shoot) and whatever you can't/won't use, give it away to someone else on the board who will! It's just a simple thing we can all do to help each other.

I've been the greatful receiver of about 500 .44 mag cases from one member who didn't reload, and I've given away over 1,500 .223/5.56 cases, and lots of 9mm and .40 to other members who loaded that.

Personally, I'd like another 500-1,000 .357 cases myself. I'm hoping after the beginning of the year to make it to the indoor ranges more often. I always end up getting some auto brass **cough** mixed up **cough cough** in my brass bucket at the range. ;) From time to time I'll be posting up donations myself.

I encourage you to keep it local; a pick-up/meet-up type affair if possible. It's great to make flesh-and-blood friends and relationships from this board, and meeting folks in person for a free gift is a great way to foster that!

When you've got donations, go ahead and make a new thread in the ammo/reloading section if you don't already have someone in mind to give it to.

Thanks ya'll! :drool:

(oh, and I'll put a shameless plug for 38, 357, and 44 mag brass for myself!)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a butt load of mixed brass free for the taking . It was all given to me and I don't have the time nor desire to screw with it! Free to whomever wants to pick it up in the Jefferson City or Knox area. Let me know here.

I have a butt load of mixed brass free for the taking . It was all given to me and I don't have the time nor desire to screw with it! Free to whomever wants to pick it up in the Jefferson City or Knox area. Let me know here.

I'm starting to collect brass now, I pickup several hand fulls at the range and sort through it in my spare time. I wouldn't mind picking some up, I'm in Ktown so pickup either place would be ok. Interested?

Guest Astra900

I got some 30/06 brass. Military head stamps mostly (but no LC:))

I dunno how much, I might count tomorrow. Probably between 50 and 100.

I was gonna form it into 8mm Mauser along with all the LC I collected, but noone was interested in that.

I'll swap it out for ?????

Hey guys, I appreciate all the support on this idea. I'd also like to keep this strictly a donation-only kinda' thing.

I'm going to lock this thread now, so if you have something you'd like to give to help someone else out, go ahead and make your own post here in the ammo/reloading section saying so.

If you want to do a trade, please post that up in the classifieds, as you are not really giving anything away in that case.

Thanks so much, guys!